79

-Her.

He watched her, mesmerized from afar. She was too perfectly unperfect to be real. He had to have her. But he didn't know how. She was unpredictable. You couldn't study her behavior and know what she wanted. She couldn't be tamed. You couldn't tell her what to do, or even how to do it. And if she'd ask for your opinion, you had to be sure to give her a perfect one, not whatever girls usually wanted to hear. She didn't fall for bad boys, neither did she love good guys. She friendzoned them all, waiting for the one that would captivate her, that would steal her attention, and could be trusted to give him her heart. He came to this conclusion after asking her one night at two in the morning random questions about guys and what they meant to her. She wasn't the kind of girl that stuck with her girls either. She didn't appreciate girl friends all that much. In fact, she didn't trust most people around her. She fell into the track of life's masquerade after years of struggle and practice. She wanted to fit in, at first glance, but still felt like she didn't belong anywhere between all these people. She thought after high school she'd have her life figured out, a stable job and a car, a nice boyfriend and a good life. But life couldn't be planned for. Life is a series of unpredictable events happening. And what made her feel alive, were unpredictable people with unpredictable personalities just like hers. But she couldn't stay long by their side, she always had to choose herself and get distant before she got attached. Because these kind of people were able to hurt her, and leave her. She'd be the one person more attached, and get her heart broken again. She wasn't ready for that. Not now, not ever again. She'd rather not show her soft side to anyone, bringing her walls up made her life boring and she preferred it that way. She wanted to feel powerful by managing easily her feelings, and thinking with her brain. It must've been a lonely time for her, but at least her heart wasn't damaged anymore. It was beating steadily in her ribcage, like a new clock that's covered but dusty, because it still hadn't been used for a long time. That was the best description of her, a description no guy could ever give, an autodescription of the girl herself, that was the only one that knew what lay behind the unpredictable and untamed strong girl she was. Only she knew enough herself to give that kind of description.

------
I like the plot twist of this writing, what about you?
It shows the character development somehow, how i know now that nobody knows me the way i do.