96

-Realistic girl and her poetry.

Her heart feels heavy in her chest while she suppresses numerous sighs that are caused by the deep poetry she's currently absorbed in. These words carved in sentences speak softly to her broken soul in such a tender yet forceful way that make her slowly lose her sanity. But it has been a while since she's felt anything. Poetry was good remedy to her for a while, but then it only kept her trapped in the cage of her emotions. She had to let go of it, to flourish on her own, to stop dreaming about the future and missing the past, and just focus on the present. She found herself in a foreign place with foreigh people that were strangers to her. She was a lone wolf and preferred small crowds over big ones. She felt at peace with her solitude. She grew up so much in such a short amount of time, distancing herself from people and everything. She discovered parts of herself she didn't know existed. She developed skills to express what she couldn't talk about. She was moving with life, and she was finding balance after heartbreak. She was becoming more powerful each day, focusing on growing her mind and her financial situation. And no matter what people told her about love and friendship, it only looked pretty, yet tiring from where she was looking. She was far above those little problems that used to consume her mind. Real power was in money and knowledge. Smart people should be able to understand this. Love can cause pain, because it is so pure, that no human being can be good enough to give it the way they describe it in books. Books make you dream, they take you to another universe full of hope and mysteries. And dreaming about having a good job and making her own money at such a young age was the only dream she didn't learn to forget. It made sense, in such a universe, like ours, to dream about a good job and mastering college. It didn't make sense to others to dream about a passion that would make you feel like flying, or discovering a parallel universe and be able to converse with aliens.
We were living in a realistic world, so we didn't really have a choice. Dreaming alone wasn't enough, you had to work hard to reach your goals and make good things out of your life.