23

- A daydream of us.

I am a daydreamer by nature. When my head is in the clouds, I let it drift to you sometimes.

I imagine the day we'd make up and put our pride aside is the day I'll notice I am completely over you. You'd be stunned by my personal growth and how far I came in life. 

I'd remember you as a distant memory of the boy who broke my heart one too many times, but also helped me eventually to grow. I came a long way and learned to let go the hard way, and for that I'd be thankful to you.

We'd have a normal conversation between two strangers that shared memories in the past, that used to know everything about each other. 

We'd be pulled to each other again, and this time we'd both make it work. Years would have passed and we'd both be grown enough to not let petty things ruin an amazing connection. 

We'd slow dance under the stars, and go to museums because you'd have become an art enthusiast because of me, art would've been the only thing that reminded you of me.

We would sit on the beach, watching the sunset and letting the sound of waves bring us closer again, your arms wrapped tightly about me, because you wouldn't do the same mistake of letting me go again. 

We were entwined souls, that were always meant to find each other again.