2

-Wise from heartbreak.

I guess at some point I realized we weren't meant to stick together. You messed up and chose your pride over me, while I had to walk away with whatever left of me there was.

 You shouldn't expect me to save our friendship myself, as I would normally do. You ended it with your own bare hands, the moment you chose to betray me. The best thing we can do is forget about each other, because you're toxic to me. And you took advantage of the fact that I was attached to you.

I know it will hardly be a problem for you to get over it, and you probably forgot all about me by now, you never cared as much as I did. You were a ruthless monster in that battlefield. I merely protected myself from your thorns, and chose to respect myself when you wouldn't. 

This decision was for the best, even if I had to break my own heart along the way. 

The last fight we had kept haunting me for weeks, until it became an occasional obscure shadow. It's been months and all I'm trying to be is strong and happy with my new reality. Setting new goals feels like a challenge when all I wanna do is look behind me. 

I try to avoid my thoughts because they always lead me to you, and I can't stand to let you win in my head. I find fate to have an ironic twist, as if life was pranking me and I was a victim to my own mind.

I find it difficult to avoid the never-ending fall. I truly loved you with all my heart.

Sadly, having a lot of love wouldn't save you if it's for the wrong people. It can damage your soul, especially if the person ends up taking you for granted and you're not a priority in their life like they are to you.