87

-I chose books to deal with heartbreak, you chose alcohol.

We both became what we saw in the other when we left each others. I fell in comfort with my newfound solitude, that emptiness couldn't be taken care of by anyone, and I had accepted my fate. I was slowly becoming empty, just like you. Meanwhile, you augmented your social interactions, trying to shut up the voices in your head that reminded you of what you did to me, and made you secretly guilty about the hurt you caused me.
I had a new addiction, after you, and it wasn't another guy. I needed to focus on myself, to water myself the way I watered you. I nourished the passion I had within my ribcage you most despised about me and tried to make me forget, books. Meanwhile, you threw venomous liquid down your throat, trying desperately to have a taste of happiness. You got out of your cocoon and out of the introvert's comfort zone and socialized with random girls, but they were merely numbers on your phone. While I bathed myself in poetry, you bathed yourself in between stranger's legs. While I drowned in my loneliness, you drowned in pure bliss. While I was softly tending my own heart, building myself again piece by piece, you tore your soul apart, damaging even more your broken heart. While I was feeling lost and found, you were lost forever.