85

-I didn't let you mess with me again.

My mind wasn't racing the way it usually did when you were around. I was enjoying every beat of the music, dancing my stress away. I was only one step away from the ultimate satisfaction that came with the closure of highschool years. I only needed that paper to get into university and do what I love the most. And right now, I was enjoying the party, not giving you one second of my thoughts, making this night one of the best nights I'll remember for a long time. And when I went and sat down to freshen up a bit, that's when I realized you were really following me the whole night, the fact that you followed me and my friends just to stand ankwardly in the corner of the room and pick some random dude to chat with while keeping your eyes glued to my figure that still didn't give you the attention you craved proved it. I was upset for a moment, that you wouldn't go away. Why were you so persistent on being childish? Why bother and keep following me? I thought about the possibility of you trying to talk with me, or try to mess with me again. I won't let you do the same mistake again. I finally looked at you, to find you staring right at me. I took you off guard and you weren't expecting me to look at you. Neither did you expect the cold once-over I gave you, challenging you to try and get closer. I saw the vulnerability in your eyes, how surprised you were in that instant, before you masked your expression. And we were both masters at concealing emotions. I learned to master that game of yours, and I was beating you at it for the first time. I was more than one step ahead of you. And you won't be able to mess with me ever again.
I didn't really hate you, I just wanted to put a definitive end to our story.