52

-You're not my hero, I am.

No matter how much we talk and joke, no matter how hard we try again, I guess it will never be the same again between us. See, I used to put you on that pedestal, making you stand out comparing to other people in my life. You were all that mattered. You consumed me, my heart and mind, it was terrifyingly beautiful. I used to think you were my hero, I looked up on you. People were dark and dangerous and you'd stand up for me numerous times. I trusted you. I guess that's what changed when you betrayed me, then held the knife deepening it in my fresh wound with your words. You knew your power over me, and how much every detail mattered when it came to you. You selfishly used it at your advantage. You chose to protect yourself that time, and refused to admit your wrongs, or apologize. You simply blamed me for everything. Now, I don't see you as some kind of protector I trust, instead, I feel the need to distance myself from you in order to protect my wounded heart, it's too tired to survive another betrayal. I feel the need to protect myself from you, for you no longer symbolize protection and safety in my life, you represent what's deadly dangerous. And I'd rather not fall in the trap again, for my own sake. I won't let you have that power over me again, so excuse my coldness, but it's my turn to act selfishly and stand up for myself.

-----
I won't be able to post until next week, I have official exams. I'm sorry.