What Is Written (TdV Short Story)

A sequel to 'Sarah Found'

~~~~~~

 "Professor!" Alfred ran back into the library. "Professor!"

 "Eh?" Professor Abronsius looked up at his assistant. "Well, what is it, my boy?"

 "I found Sarah, but she doesn't want to be saved." Alfred threw his hands up in despair. "Now I really don't know what to do! Professor, how can we save Sarah if she doesn't even want to be saved?"

 "Don't worry so much, my boy," the older man said light-heartedly. "Just remember, all the questions and answers in the world are somewhere in a book.

 Abronsius blew some dust off of the book he was holding and into Alfred's direction, causing him to begin sneezing.

 "Well, I suppose so, if you say so," Alfred said through his sneezes.

 "Yes, indeed. Now, I know there was something I was looking for..."

 The professor walked off, leaving Alfred by himself again.

 After recovering from sneezing, Alfred noticed a book sitting alone on one of the shelves. Curious, he picked it up to see what it was. "Guidebook For Lovers?" He opened the book and began to read aloud to himself.

 "'How to win a heart. When love is inside you, music will sound from you. When your moment has come, your eyes will talk for you, and the person you like understands what you are saying, even if you are silent. Your heart reveals that love is inside of you, which doesn't want to keep silent anymore. Just show honestly what hides inside of you. No wish is dangerous when it's awoken by love, and the person you love will sense what you give, and the desire for happiness will unite you. When love is inside of you, don't hold it back! A kiss says more than a thousand words...'"

 Alfred smiled to himself, and flipped through some more pages. But he stopped when he heard someone singing. It sounded like-

 "Sarah!" Alfred went running in the direction of the voice, hoping that what was written in that book could help him somehow.

 He ran towards the voice, but it was not Sarah who was singing. Instead, he burst in the bedroom of Herbert von Krolock, the count's son.

 "Oh! I am sorry," Alfred said hurriedly, backing out of the room.

 "Stay!" Herbert cried. He got up from the bed and walked over to Alfred. "I want to talk with you. Father is really enthusiastic about you. I think we should become friends."

 "But I have to-"

 Alfred was about to run, but Herbert grabbed him.

 "You have to be nice to me," he said. "I want to understand you. What makes you so pale? Are you ill?"

 "I am fine, thank you," Alfred said nervously.

 "No, you have a fever, my friend! You should be in bed. No, what do I see? You are shivering with fear, mon cheri!"

 "No, I am not shivering," Alfred tried to insist.

 "Oh, yes, you are afraid, my friend!"

 "I've heard there is a ball somewhere," Alfred said, trying to change the subject. "Yes, a ball."

 "Ah, you eyes!"

 "My...eyes?" Alfred asked.

 "The lashes as delicate as twine of pure gold," Herbert said, reaching out. "Yes, tonight is the ball. I am inviting you. Wine and music and candlelight! It will be gigantic, romantic! With you, I will be in seventh heaven!"

 Herbert grabbed Alfred and began to dance about the room with them. Alfred tried desperately to pull away from him, but it was no use.

 "Show me, what are you reading?" Herbert took the Guidebook For Lovers.

 "A book-"

 "Poems, I see! I knew it, you see! You are in love! Oh, that there could be something like this. I am in love, too. Now, guess whom!" He smiled wickedly. "Yes, I love you... and when love is inside of me, I can't resist!"

 Herbert made for the young man's neck with his teeth, but Alfred hit him and ran. However, Herbert grabbed him, and after some fighting, the vampire was on top of the assistant.

 "No, help!" Alfred cried. "Professor!"

 "What!" Professor Abronsius stormed in and whacked Herbert with his umbrella. "Are you not ashamed!? Both of you!" As Herbert ran off, the professor turned to Alfred. "You! A scientist-to-be! Well, I am surprised at you! Did you provoke him!"

 "Not at all, Professor, sir!" Alfred cried.

 Herbert watched in despair as the professor dragged Alfred away. And just when everything was getting fun.

A/N: The video above is the full Wenn Liebe in dir ist. The video has English and German subtitles.