Peter Pevensie #1

You quietly hang back near the wall, watching the other participants enjoying the party.

 Tonight is a special celebration, as it has been ten years since the kings and queens came to Cair Paravel and were crowned the new rulers of Narnia. Everyone loved them, and during the last ten years peace and prosperity had taken over Narnia. It had been a relief for everyone that the White Witch be killed, as everyone feared her. 

 For the entire evening, you have been watching a certain one. The two kings are standing together talking, and you have been watching the blond one. You think that one must be King Peter. You know he is the oldest of the four, and this man seems to have a air of knowledge and worldliness about him. Something about him makes you want to continue to stare at him.

 And then he looks in your direction, and sees you watching him. You know you should look away, that it's wrong to keep staring, but you can't seem to tear your gaze away from his. When he glances away from you to listen to something his brother is saying, you breathe and audible sigh of relief. It would be best if you moved to a different part of the room, you think, away from him.

 You move away, wondering if you should try to blend in with the crowd. You must look out of place, you think, just standing here by yourself.

 "Good evening."

 You quickly turn to see none other than King Peter himself standing before you.

 "I don't believe we've met," he says. "King Peter at your service, miss."

 "Y/N." You give a little curtsy. "Pleased to meet you, Your Majesty."

 "And I you," he says. "If you're not otherwise occupied, would you like to dance?"

 You smile brightly. "Yes, I certainly would."