Peter Quill #1

"Come on, baby, don't you want to dance at all?" Peter asks you again.

 "I told you, Quill, I am not dancing to your terrible music," you say.

 "Aw, come on, now, Y/N, you know you secretly kind of like the songs. I mean, I've played them enough times that you must know them all."

 "That's exactly it. I've been hearing these songs so many times that I'm sick of hearing them."

 He raises his eyebrows. "Wow. That's a pretty strong statement. Are they that terrible? Really?"

 You sigh. "No, Quill. They aren't that terrible. But you don't think you could play them a little less often?"

 He shakes his head. "Sorry, but you can't just stop the awesome mix. It's the awesome mix, Y/N."

 "So?"

 "So, it's special, you know? So, do you want to dance a little or not?"

 You sigh again. "You know what? I'll dance with you for a song if it will make you shut up." You stand up and hold out your hand. "What kind of dance are we doing?"

 "Hold on. I'm putting on one we can slow dance to." A new song begins playing, and Peter steps over to you. "Come on, I'll show you."

 You don't actually want to admit it, but you find that you like dancing with Peter. You don't say so because you know he'll just smile and say 'I told you so', which will just make you annoyed with him all over again.

 "Well?" he asks.

 "Well, what?"

 "Well, are you enjoying this at all? I can never tell when you're happy about something, so you're gonna have to tell me if you are or not."

 "That depends," you say. "This song isn't as bad as some of the other ones, and you aren't too bad a dancer."

 "Thank you. I do like to think I'm a good dancer. So...does this mean you actually like me, and the music?"

 "I do...like you, Peter. Even if I don't really seem like I do. The music, I suppose I could get used to."

 He smiles. "See? That's the attitude to have."

 To be completely honest, you really like both Peter and the awesome mix a lot more than you let on.