Narcissa Malfoy #1

Malfoy Manor has always has a gloomy, lonely place. With Lucius Malfoy in Azkaban and his son Draco away at school, it seems even more so. You almost don't want to go, don't want to walk up the path to the old manor house.

 But only almost. You do it anyway, but you're only doing it for Narcissa. 

 Of course, Narcissa is there when you arrive. It must hard, you think, being so alone in such a big house. But then you think that perhaps she isn't so alone after all.

 "How many death eaters does the Dark Lord have you hiding here?" you ask.

 "You know you're not supposed to ask questions, Y/N," Narcissa says.

 "I know, but I was still wondering. Just because I can't see them doesn't mean they aren't around. So, what have you been doing since Draco's been away at school?"

 She sighs. "Very little besides worrying about him. I know the Dark Lord has plans for him, but I don't know what."

 "Well, whatever it is," you say, "It can't be good. I understand it must be hard for you, being his mother and all. And what of your husband? Are there any plans to break him out of Azkaban?"

 Narcissa hesitates to give you an answer. She stands at the window, staring out into the gloomy landscape.

 "I don't know," she says. "I don't know what he has in store for Lucius. But I fear that he'll harm my son. And I can't lose Draco."

 "I know." You walk to the window and place your hands on your shoulders, saying softly, "You don't have to stay here forever, you know. We could go places, you and I. We can go somewhere far away from this manor house-"

 "You know I can't," she cuts in. "He'll find us. We'll be traitors, Y/N. No one will help us."

 "You son would," you point out.

 "Once the Dark Lord has Draco in his grasp, he won't. And he would be risking his life if he did. I just can't do it, Y/N."

 You don't push it. She'll just refuse again. But it doesn't matter to you. You'll come back another day. You'll come back as many days as you can, just to help her feel more at ease in this new situation. But you'll ask again; you know you will.