Mycroft Holmes #1 (Vampire!Reader)

When you first move into your new house, you have no idea you were moving in next to the British Government.

 You are sitting on your front step just after sundown, assessing the area, wondering what sort of people live here. You look to the house on your left, and see a car pull up. The man who emerged had to be in his forties, brown hair, smartly dressed. Businessman? Someone in the government?

 "Evening, new neighbor," you call.

 He stops, startled, and looks over at you.

 "Have you just moved in?" he asks. "That house has been empty for quite some time."

 You nod. "Just today. I'm Y/F/N Y/L/N. And you?"

 "Mycroft Holmes. Pleasure to meet you Ms./Mr. Y/L/N. Now, I really must be getting inside."

 "I see. Businessman? You've got the attitude."

 "Minor position in the government. Good night."

 "Night, Mr. Holmes."

 You watch him enter the house, and wonder what his blood would taste like.

~~~~~~

 A few days later, you catch Mycroft as he is leaving his house for work.

 "Just a minute, Mr. Holmes," you say. "I want to talk to you."

 "I'm afraid I don't have time to talk today, Ms./Mr. Y/L/N."

 "I want to ask you to dinner," you say.

 He stops trying to get past you and looks at you in surprise. "Dinner?"

 "Yeah. We could go out, if you know a good restaurant around here. Or you could to my house, or I could come to yours. What do you think?"

 "I'll consider it," he replies after a moment, looking strangely at you. "When would this dinner be?"

 You shrug. "Whenever you're not busy with government things. Preferably sooner than later." You take a step to the side. "I'll let you get to work."

 He nods. "Tomorrow, perhaps?"

 "Sounds good." You wink at him. "I knew you'd say yes. I can be quite persuasive."

 You watch him leave. There was something cold and calculating about the look in his eyes. He knows there was something not right with you, but couldn't figure out what.

 Well, how could he ever guess that you have been dead for over 200 years?