Clary Fray #2

It hurts you to see Clary like this. You can't believe Jocelyn is gone, but she is, and you wish she wasn't. Clary hasn't been herself since the night of Jocelyn's murder. On the day of the funeral, she could barely speak, she was crying so much. What makes everything even worse is the fact that Valentine Morgenstern is still out there. Clary's horrible father is still out there while Jocelyn is dead. Alec's been beating himself up about it, too, even though you told him it wasn't his fault and Clary didn't blame him; he had been possessed. Everything's just been really bad, and you don't know what to do to help out. You feel helpless, given all the problems the Shadowhunters have had lately.

~~~~~~

 You knock on the Clary's room. "Hey, it's me. Can I come in?"

 "Sure," you hear from inside.

 You open the door. Clary is sitting by the window, just staring out towards the city.

 "How are you?" you ask.

 She shrugs. "I don't know. I don't know what I'm supposed to do now that she's gone, Y/N. It's like...I can't wrap my head around it."

 You walk over to her and wrap your arm around her shoulder. "It hurts. I know. But it's not the end."

 "It feels like the end," she says.

 "It does, but it isn't. Clary, I know you loved your mother. I thought she was pretty awesome, too. It probably doesn't seem like it right now, but you will move on."

 She looks over at you, and smiles a little. It's the first time you've seen her smile in a while.

 "Thank you, Y/N," she says. "I'm so glad you're here." She pulls you into a hug. "I don't what I would have one without you all this time."

 You hug her back. "I'm not going anywhere, Clary. I'm gonna be here."