Rosalie Hale #2

Why would you even agree to do this?, you wonder as you walk up to the Cullen house. Your friend Carlisle Cullen has been asking everyone he knows, all the friends of the family, to come help them out with their task. You would have been perfectly willing to help, if not for what that task was.

 The Cullens are planning to go up against the Volturi. You haven't said it out loud, but this is probably the worst idea Carlisle has ever had. Though the Cullens claim they didn't do what the Volturi is accusing them of, going up against them is dangerous. You know from personal experience the things that could happen.

 You knock on the front door, expecting Carlisle to answer it. Instead, a beautiful blonde woman you've never seen before answers it.

 "Um, hello," you say. "I'm looking for Carlisle Cullen. This is the address he give."

 "This is the place," she says. "He's not home right now, but come in, please."

 "Thank you." You step inside. "I'm Y/N. I have known Carlisle for many years."

 "Y/N," the woman repeats. "I think he's mentioned. I'm Rosalie. Did Carlisle asked you to come?"

 "Not directly," you answer. "I heard about it from my friends, the Denalis. They said they would be here, if I wanted to join, that Carlisle would be happy for an extra person."

 "We're always happy for an extra person. We need as many witnesses as we can if we're going up against the Volturi."

 "Right. And what exactly are we going up against them about?" you ask. "The Denalis didn't make it clear."

 "Well, it is a sensitive subject. The Volturi have been convinced that we made an immortal child."

 "Well, did you?"

 Rosalie looks at you with surprise. "Of course not. Carlisle isn't stupid, and neither are the rest of us. Why don't you come with me? When you see Renesmee and meet her, you'll know what I mean."

 You follow her down the hall, not really because you're actually interested in this whole Volutri business, but more because you're interested in Rosalie herself.