Rumplestiltskin #1

You walk up to the front doors of the castle and knock. Instead of someone coming to answer, the doors open on their own.

 "Hello?" you call, stepping inside. "Is anyone here?"

 "In here, dearie," you hear.

 In a room that looks to be a dining hall, a man is sitting on a stool in front of a spinning wheel.

 "Are you Rumplestiltskin?" you ask.

 "Well, of course I am," he says, turning around to face you. "A better question would be, who are you? No, I already know who you are, Y/N."

 "You knew I was coming?"

 "Of course I knew you were coming. Here you are." He pulls out a chair. "Why don't you sit down, dearie, and tell me all about why you came to see me."

 "I need help," you say. "When I heard of you, I thought perhaps you would be the person to help me. The man I love is marrying another woman."

 "Ah. Well, it would be a love potion you're looking for, then."

 "It isn't that he doesn't love me," you say. "He does love me. He has had no choice in this. He doesn't want to marry the other woman. He told me so himself, and I believe him."

 "Very well, then," he says. "And just what kind if help are you looking for?"

 "Well, there must be something you can do," you answer. "Isn't there a way to break the engagement, make the families decide against it?"

 "Perhaps. But...I think the proper solution would be...well, follow me."

 You follow Rumplestiltskin up to a room with a table and shelves lined with bottles.

 "I have just the sort of thing you'll need." He takes a bottle from one of the shelves and hands it to you. "Slip this in the other woman's drink, and all of your problems will be solved."

 "What does it do?" you ask, eyeing it.

 "Oh, you'll see. Now, as payment for this-no, no, I don't ask for money when making deals. What I would like is for you to come visit again."

 You raise your eyebrows. "Really?"

 "Yes. When you're married and living your romantic life, bring by for tea with me. And do come as often as you can." He places the bottle in your hand. "Go on, then, dearie. Enjoy!"

 You leave the castle and begin to walk away, but you stop, and look down at the bottle. You don't know what's inside it, and you don't know what it will do. However, you have a good feeling as to what it does, an it's not something you want to think about. You stand there for a minute, staring down at the bottle and thinking about the many ways this could end.

 You turn around and hurry back to knock on the doors again. This time, Rumplestiltskin answers himself.

 "Welcome back, dearie," he says. "I didn't expect you back again so soon."

 "Take it," you say, handing him back the bottle. "I don't want it, I don't want to do it."

 "Ah." He takes it form your hand. "Change of heart. Well, I can admire that about you. No deal, then?"

 You shook your head. "But if...you would still like me to come for tea..."

 He smiles. "Of course. Please, come by whenever you like, and soon, dearie."

 You nod and begin your journey back home. It's a good thing, you think, that you don't live very far.