Bella Swan #2

Today will be the day, you decide. You're going to tell Bella Swan how you feel about her before it's definitely too late.

 Bella has been going out with Edward Cullen for months, and the two of them act like they're totally in love. Now they've announced they're getting married, which crushed you. You don't want Bella to marry him. You know she can do far better than Edward. She could probably do better than you too, you think, but you don't want her to be with anyone besides you.

 You come by her house to hang out for a little while. You're upstairs together, just chatting. Eventually, you say, "So, you and Edward are getting married."

 She nods. "Yeah. I didn't really want a whole big wedding ceremony and party and everything, but our moms are having a lost of fun planning the wedding."

 "You don't want anything to do with the decisions?" you ask, wondering if that means she's not as committed as she seems.

 "I just feel like Edward and I don't need all that," she says. "We know we love each other. We don't need all the elaborate stuff to prove it." 

 Well, you were very wrong about that, you think.

 "I don't think you should marry him," you blurt out, and then think you'd like to kick yourself.

 Bella's brow furrows. "Why? I love Edward."

 "Um, yeah, and that's great, but..." you take a breath, "I like you, Bella. I like you a lot. I always have, from when we met. I don't think Edward Cullen is the right person for you."

 "What? Y/N, where is this coming from? We're just friends, and I didn't think you had a problem with Edward."

 "No, I...don't really have a problem with Edward," you say. "But he is wrong for you."

 "Oh, but you are?" She gets up. "I don't believe this. First it was Jacob, now it's you. I can't believe I have to keep spelling it out for everyone. I love Edward, he loves me, and we're getting married."

 You sigh. "Okay. I'm sorry."

 "I think you should leave. Please leave."

 Not wanting to upset her any further, you get up and leave the house.

 Well, you've blown it, you think. You told Bella how it feel, and it backfired one hundred percent. But she can't stay mad at you forever, can she? You're friends, after all, and you were just giving her your honest opinion on things. How can she be angry at you for being an honest friend?

 Being just friends can't be that horrible, can it? Even if it's not what you wanted.