Sebastian Verlac/Jonathan Morgenstern #1

It's been a couple of weeks now since Sebastian Verlac first transferred to the New York Institute. You haven't gotten a chance to introduce yourself and actually talk to him, but you've heard good things about him so far. As a matter of fact, from what you've heard, he sounds like a pretty great Shadowhunter.

 One morning, you happen to spot him standing around in one of the hallways, and he's by himself. This would be a good opportunity to introduce yourself, you think.

 "Excuse me," you say as you step up. "Are you Sebastian Verlac?"

 He nods. "Yes. I'm sorry if I've forgotten, but I don't believe we've met."

 "No, we haven't. I'm Y/F/N Y/L/N. I've, um, heard that you're a transfer from the London Institute, and that you've been kind of a big help around here."

 "Oh." He smiles and looks down. "Well, everyone's been too kind, really. I'm glad I ended up here."

 "Well, I'm sorry you couldn't come at an easier time," you say. "Given all the stuff with Valentine Morgenstern-"

 "Oh, don't worry about him," Sebastian says. "I'm sure he'll be taken care of. And I'm glad I was able to be of assistance. You're a Shadowhunter as well, I assume."

 "I am, but I seem to spend more time here than out on any mission."

 "Well, there's bound to be plenty of important work to be done here, as well. But maybe we can go out on some mission sometime. You seem nice."

 You smile. "Thanks. So do you."

 He smiles back. "I must be going, though. I'll see you around, Y/N."

 "See you," you say as he walks off.

 You smile to yourself as you continue on your way. You're glad you finally got the chance to talk to Sebastian, and that he would want to go on a mission with you.