"Oh, baby...." he knelt down before me.

"I-I want to marry you, I want nothing more I just-.... I can't do it without him"

"Connor... I never told you this.. but... when your grandfather was still with us.. he pulled me aside and he said he wanted to talk to me. I was scared. I thought I had done something wrong. And that he didn't want you to be with me.. but I was wrong. He said to me 'Kevin.. You'd better treat that boy right. You're a good kid. You make him happy. And I want to see you two together... you'd better not lose him. So don't do anything stupid and break his heart."

"..h-he said that?"

"Yes. And he'd want you to do this. He loves you. And he wants you to be happy. He knows what's happening right now. And he'd want you to do it. With or without him. But I promise you, dear: He's here in spirit... and Connor, if you don't want to do this, we won't. We can wait. If you aren't ready, we can call this off right now.. we can go and just talk this through.. I love you. I love you with every inch of my existence. And if you aren't ready today, that's okay. I can wait. I can wait as long as you need. Okay? Just say the word, and we'll stop.. we'll run away to Bermuda" he chuckled and took my hand

"Bermuda?" I giggled tearfully

"Yeah, we'll change our names, sand off our fingerprints, and assume alternate lives running a bodega."

"Well that sounds good.... but I can't, I'm getting married today"

"...Oh yeah?" He smirked

"Yeah" I chuckled softly  "....I'm ready.."

"You're ready?"

"I'm ready," I nodded, as Kevin wiped away my tears.

"Me too."

He stood me up and fixed my tie, taking my hand and running down the street with me, all the way to the hill.

"Oh, he's here!" His mother exclaimed, seemingly overjoyed.

"You're sure your ready?" He asked, his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sure."

"Alright"

He kissed my forehead, heading up the aisle. I fixed myself up, and slowly walked up the aisle when it was time.

Kevin gave me the widest smile, mouthing the words "i love you" to me.

I mouthed 'i love you' back to him, looking over at his uncle, who was marrying us.

"I assume you've prepared your own vows"

"Yes."

"Alright, Kevin. You start, whenever you're ready."

"Alright... Connor McKinley.. from the very moment I laid eyes on you, I promised myself you would be mine. Little did I know this day would finally come.. you are.... the best thing that's ever happened to me. I never expected to get so lucky. But... hell, if I'm not the luckiest man alive.." he scoffed, shaking his head "Since day one, I have vowed to love you unconditionally, care for you, and protect you. And I intend to keep that promise. For as long as I live.. I'll walk to the ends of the earth for you, Sunshine.. anything in this world you want, just say the word and it's yours... god put me here to love you.. and I will spend the rest of my days doing everything I can... to make you even half as happy as you make me...  I love you so much, Connor. And I can't believe this day's finally here.."

"Thank you. Connor?"

"Yes... Kevin.. where on Earth do I even begin..? My whole life... I've felt unworthy of love. My father abhorred me, my mother didn't want me, and.. I never made a friend. But, then I met you. And you showed me everyone deserves love. Even me. You've loved me unconditionally for the past six years. There has never been a single day in which you have let me feel unloved by you. You've been so good to me. No matter how much I put you through, you stay by my side. And love me every bit as much as you did, the day before.. And that's a special type of man.. Kevin, you're my everything. And I never thought I'd be lucky enough to even get a kiss from you. Much less marry you.." I chuckled nervously, trying to come up with more to say. "You... mean the world to me.And I can't believe you really want me... but... you do. And for that, I'm the luckiest man alive.. and I am going to be yours until the day I die.. cause all of a sudden, life doesn't feel so scary when you're standing next to me..."