You get robbed

"Michael?" I called out when I heard the door open. He had texted me earlier saying he would come over around 9 but it was barely after 7 c'clock.

"Put your hands up!" A man yelled.

I jumped off the couch, holding my hands above my head like he demanded.  The gun he had pointed at me made a shiver run down my spine.

"What do you want from me?" I asked in a shaky voice.

"You do as I say and you won't get hurt." The man said.

I flinched as he cocked the gun. He took a few steps closer before going into the bedroom. I stood in the center of the room with my arms raised as I watched him take my jewelry. He then stuffed my wallet and phone into the bag he was carrying. When he was done with that he began searching through all the drawers in the bathroom.

"Where is it girl?" He yelled. "Where do you keep all your money?"

"You have it all." I lied.

"Show me!" He boomed. He cocked the gun again and pointed it straight at me.

I hurried over to the kitchen and pulled out the envelope containing all of my savings. I let out a scream when he slammed the gun down onto my hand.

"Where's the rest of the jewelry?" He asked.

I didn't want to risk lying to him again so I slowly made my way into the bedroom and pulled a small box out from my closet. The jewelry in this box was all from my grandmother. He pushed me away as soon as he saw it and started going through it. I held back tears as he placed it all in his bag.

Michael's pov*

I held the flowers against my chest as I knocked on y/n's door. My eyebrows furrowed when she didn't answer.

"Babe?" I questioned, knocking again. When she still didn't answer I twisted the door knob, finding the door already unlocked.

I hurried inside to find y/n sitting in the middle of the room. Her knees were pulled up to her chest as she stared blankly at the wall.

"Baby what happened? Are you okay?" I asked quickly as I got on my knees next to her.

"I don't know." She whispered, shaking her head.

"What happened y/n?" I asked softly.

"I don't know." She whispered again.

I moved to sit in front of her and took her hands into mine causing her to whimper.

"What's wrong?" I questioned. I looked down to see her left hand was red and swollen. "Sweetheart how did this happen?" I asked.

Y/n squeezed her eyes shut before she shook her head again. She suddenly pulled herself into my lap as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I slowly wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me.

"Hey what happened?" I asked softly. "Talk to me baby."

"Someone broke in." She whispered. "He took all my jewelry, even some that belonged to my grandmother. He took all of my money and he's also the reason my hand is swollen."

"What did he do to your hand?" I questioned.

"I lied and said I didn't have anymore money and after I gave him what I had he slammed the gun against it." She explained.

"Did you call the cops? You have to call the cops." I said.

"Michael not now please." Y/n whispered.

"Okay shh." I murmured, smoothing down her hair. "We'll call them later okay?"

"I really don't want to talk to the police about this." Y/n said.

"Okay just write down what the man looked like and I'll take care of it." I responded. "But let me take care of you first."

I left y/n in the middle of the floor as I stood up and walked to the kitchen. After grabbing an ice pack I returned back to y/n. I gently placed the ice pack on her swollen hand and held her close to my chest.

"Don't cry y/n don't cry." I said to her as I used my other hand to rub her back.

After y/n fell asleep I called the police and told them everything that happened. They told me to leave the apartment in case he came back and that they would do everything they could to get the stolen items back.

After the call I gently lifted y/n off the couch where she had fallen asleep and took her outside to my car so she could stay with me.