You tutor him

Michael,your boyfriend, had been struggling in math and he really wanted to try and improve his grade so you agreed to tutor him. You went to his house after school. He opened the door and smiled.
"Where are your books?" You asked laughing.
"Oh right" he blushed going upstairs. A minute later he came down holding his books and smiling.
"Sit here goofball" you laughed patting the seat next to you. After he sat down you opened up his book to the right page and started showing him how to do the problems he was assigned. He wasn't understanding it at all. You could tell he was getting frustrated because he kept punching the table when he got one wrong.
"It's ok Michael you'll get it eventually" You said putting your hand on his knee.
"I'm too stupid" he mumbled leaning back against the couch.
"Don't say that Mike"
"It's true. I'm too stupid to do anything" he exclaimed.
"Let's stop for today" you said closing his book.
"C'mere" you pulled him closer so his head was in your lap. You started running your hands through his hair.
"Don't think your stupid. You just need a little help and practice that's all" you smiled kissing his forehead.
"Thanks y/n" he whispered sitting up and pulling you into his side. You stayed like that for a while before Michael decided to try more problems.
"Are you sure?" You asked him just to make sure.
"Positive. I want to get a good grade" he smiled. After a few more problems he started to get distracted very easily.
"Pay attention"
"I can't"
You guys said the same thing back and forth until you decided to put on music to help him focus which worked. After another hour of problem after problem he was finally understanding it and was very happy he could do it by himself.