You get fired

Michael drummed his fingers against the steering wheel while waiting for you to get off of work. He was slightly confused when you didn't show up since your shift ended 5 minutes ago. Your car had broken down so for the past few days Michael had driven to and from work while yours was getting fixed. After waiting another 5 minutes, Michael got out of the car and made his way into the store.
"This was the last straw" he heard someone yell. He went to the cash registers where you worked and saw your boss firmly gripping your forearm. You pushed his hand off, backing away from him.
"It was an accident" you said through gritted teeth. He grabbed you again turning you back around and holding both your arms so you couldn't get away again.
"One that won't happen again. You're fired" he yelled. Michael walked over, pulling you to his side. He took a protective step forward so you were behind him.
"Don't ever touch her or yell at her again" Michael told him extremely calmly. He didn't want to make this guy any angrier. Michael turned around taking your hand and gently pulling you out of the store. He got in the car and huffed. He ruffled his hair before glancing over at you.
"Are you ok?" He asked quietly.
"I'm just disappointed with myself" you said instead "I couldn't even get him off of me the second time" You looked up, trying to keep the tears from falling. Michael pulled you into a tight hug.
"There was nothing you could of done. He is a foot taller than you and has been playing (American) football since he was in high school" he said gently.
"But I lost my job because of a stupid mistake" you muttered.
"Exactly. A stupid mistake. That's all it was. Matt just lost his temper alright? We can find you a new job. A better one" he smiled, wiping the one tear that fell.
"I just want to go home" you leaned against the window. Michael nodded, keeping his hand on your thigh and drove out of the parking lot. When you got home, you collapsed on the couch while Michael went to the kitchen to find food. He came back with a bag of candy and his lap top.
"Look at this babe" he said, patting your thigh to get you to sit up.
"Please Michael not tonight" you mumbled. Michael looked over at you to see your eyes were still glassy.
"Sorry baby girl" he wrapped his arm around your shoulders and pulled you closer to kiss your temple.
"Candy?" He offered holding the bag in front of you. You sniffled and took a few pieces. Michael flipped on the tv as you started falling asleep. He tightened his grip moving your head to his chest and kissing the top of it.
"Goodnight baby girl I love you so much" he whispered.