He defends you against the other guys

You heard Calum Ashton and Luke talking downstairs so you crept half way down to see Michael walk in and sit down next to the other three. He was holding our little 3 year old Kacey on his knee as he talked. You went a little further to hear what they were saying.
"Where's y/n?" Calum asked.
"She's upstairs sleeping" Michael answered.
"Why? Shouldn't she be down here taking care of the kids?" Ashton asked.
"I'm taking care of the kids" Michael snapped.
"Why do you have to do it?" Calum pressed on.
"Why should she? I've been gone for 6 months while she's been raising 2 kids by herself. She's done everything around here while I was gone now it's my turn" Michael almost yelled. You smiled at the fact that Michael was defending you but you were hurt by what Ashton and Calum had said.
"I agree with Michael" Luke mumbled.
"Mom" my son Jackson yelled.
"Hey buddy" I smiled picking him. I brought him downstairs into the living room. Calum and Ashton avoided looking at me.
"I'm gonna give them lunch" I mumbled putting Jackson down and taking Kacey from Michael. Michael nodded as Jackson gripped my hand and walked with me to the kitchen.
"Finally" I heard Calum mutter. I rolled my eyes and put Kacey in her high chair.
"What do you want for lunch Jack?" I asked looking through the fridge.
"Chicken nuggets" he cheered.
"Ok Jack get the chicken nuggets out" I started making Kaceys bottle. I put the nuggets in the oven and leaned against the counter waiting for the timer to go off.
"Hey babe" Michael smiled walking in. He kissed me on the lips and the kids on their heads.
"Need any help?"
"I got it go back with your friends" I forced a smile. He sighed and cupped my cheek.
"Did you hear what they said?" He looked right into my eyes.
"Yeah I did"
"Listen baby they're so wrong about everything-"
"Michael" I said to cut him off. "I heard what they said but I also heard what you said and I love you very much for doing that" I leaned up and kissed him.
"I love you" he pulled me in for a hug and rested his head on mine. "So much" he whispered.