You tell him about your past

"Baby" Michael yelled again. He had been searching the whole house looking for you since he got home.
You tried to curl up more against the wall as the tears streamed down your face.
"Y/n" Michael yelled as he pushed open the bathroom door. His eyes immediately fell on to the blood running down your wrist. His eyes trailed over to the blade on the floor before connecting with yours.
"God baby what did you do to yourself?" He mumbled as he got on his knees in front of you. His hands gently closed around your wrist, doing his best not to hurt you.
"Come on" he whispered as he pulled you to your feet.
"Michael I'm sorry" you whispered.
He hushed you as he pulled you in for a hug, placing his chin on the top of your head.
After staying like that for a few minutes Michael pulled away and lifted you up on the counter. He got a towel wet before using it to clean the blood off your wrists.
"Do you want to tell me what happened?" He questioned quietly.
"It's just something with my past" you bluntly replied, hoping he'd drop it.
"Is it something I know about?" He went on to ask.
Michael knew there was a huge part of your past that you never shared with him.
"No" you whispered. You slumped against Michael, resting your head against his shoulder. Michael could feel your breath hitting his neck as he worked to wrap the cuts on your wrists.
"Sweetheart" he said to get your attention, "Can you tell me what happened?"
"I went to the store today and ran into one of my ex boyfriends" you started.
Michael nodded, silently urging you to continue.
"He use to abuse me. Physically and" you trailed off know Michael would know what you meant.
"While all this was happening, I started drinking a lot. It kept getting worse to the point where I was almost never sober"
By now Michael had finished and was brushing through your hair.
"This went on for about a year before I went to rehab. When I got out I found the courage to turn him into the police"
Michael could still feel your breath hitting his neck every time you spoke.
"When I saw him today he tried to get me to drink and I'm sure if we weren't in public he would tried something on me. And I didn't want to risk drinking again so I did this instead" you whispered towards the end.
Everything started making sense to Michael. The reason you were scared to start a relationship with him. The reason you never drank at bars and hardly ever went with him to one. The reason you flinched every time Michael raised his hand. It all made sense to him now.
"My baby" he whispered, holding you close.
"I'm sorry for causing you all this trouble Michael" you whispered.
"No, no you're no trouble"
Michael pulled back to look at you, taking some of your hair between his fingers as he did.
"I'm so happy you were able to tell me this y/n, I love you so much" He smiled softly at you.
"But I need you to promise that you'll never do this to yourself again. Come to me if you ever feel like this. Talk to me if things get too hard. That's what I'm here for y/n"
You smiled gratefully at him before laying your head against his shoulder again. Michael held you close again, resting his head against yours.