He sees your scars

"What are you doing outside? What's wrong?" I asked as I held the door open for y/n.

She gave me a small smile before she came up the stairs and into the house. I grabbed her hand and followed her in.

"You okay?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah I'm great" she smiled.

I dropped her hand and moved my arm to her waist so I could bring her closer.

"So what do you want to do love?" I asked as I brushed my hands through her hair.

"Whatever you want" she smiled.

I smirked at her before I scooped her up bridal style and tossed on the couch. Y/n let out a shriek as I did.

My hands attacked her sides as she took in shallow breaths between laughter.

"Are you done?" She panted as she locked my wrists in her hands.

"Well I wasn't" I laughed.

"No" she tried to stop me but I had my hands on her stomach again.

Her shirt slid up slightly when I did. I saw something flash through her eyes before she grabbed my hands again.

"Please stop" she choked out.

I pulled my hands away from her stomach and placed them on her arms to pull her up.

"I'm sorry, what did I do wrong?" I questioned, searching her eyes.

My eyes trailed down to her arms wrapped around herself. Her eyebrows were furrowed as she stared at the ground.

"Sweetheart" I said as I brushed the hair away from her face. "What's wrong?"

"I just don't want you to see" she whispered.

"See what?" I asked. "Babe it's okay, you can't tell me anything. I'm not gonna judge you"

"'No you'll just hate me" I heard her take in a shaky breath.

"Babe you know that's not gonna happen" I replied.

Y/n took a deep breath before turning to face me. She slowly pulled her shirt up a tiny bit to reveal several cuts.

My jaw dropped as I looked back up at her face. There were tears rolling down her cheeks.

"When did you do this?" I whispered.

"Years ago. I haven't done it since I met you" she said.

"Really? I'm the reason you stopped?" I questioned.

"Of course you were Mikey" she attempted a smile.

"But why did you do it?" I asked.

I noticed the hesitation in her eyes and I couldn't stop myself from hugging her.

"High school was just really hard for me" y/n whispered.

I knew that would be the only answer I got from her.

"Where else did you do it?"

She suddenly pulled away and rolled up her sleeves. There were cuts all the way up her arms.

I gently took ahold of her wrist and kissed all the way up her arm. I did the same with her other arm before I pecked her lips.

"I wish I could have been there to help you" I mumbled as I shook my head.

"But we didn't know each other in high school" she responded.

"I know, I hated you in high school" I laughed. "I still kinda do" I shoved her back on the couch.

"Good cause I hate you too" She said as she tried to shove me back.

I dodged her swing which caused her to fall in my lap.

"Idiot" I laughed.

"That's fine, I'm good here" she smiled, turning over on her back.

I laughed and brought my hand to brush through her hair as she closed her eyes.