He has a nightmare

"Baby" I called, hearing the door open.

She hadn't come to greet me like she usually did. She didn't even yell out that she was home.

I waited another moment before I pushed myself off the couch to go look for her.

I went to the bedroom first but stopped when I heard whimpers from the bathroom. I pressed my ear against the door and knocked lightly.

"Babe open up" I said.

I twisted the door knob, finding it open. Y/n had her back to me as I stepped in. I pressed my chest to her back and wrapped my arms around her.

"Come on baby" I spun her around and scooped her up bridal style, "You don't have to say anything"

She laid her head against my chest as I walked us into the bedroom. Y/n fell asleep shortly after, still wrapped up in my arms.

Y/n never did tell me what had happened that day so I never questioned it further. I figured she just had a bad day at work or stress was getting to her.

I thought everything was fine. I was wrong. Y/n started getting weak. She had trouble lifting things like plates. She cut herself on everything. Even just bumping into the wall on accident made her bleed. She also slept a lot more and when she wasn't sleeping, she wasn't home.

I had no idea how to help her. Every time I asked her if she was ok she gave me the same answer. 'I'm fine, don't worry'

Finally after a month of moving things for her and cleaning up all the cuts on her, I called her doctor.

That's what lead me to stand in the middle of the living room crying. I was waiting for y/n to come home.

I knew where she was. I now knew where she had spent most of her time the past month. I knew why she was weak and slept a lot and I knew why she would bleed so easily.

The cancer she had neglected to tell me about had caused all this. It hurt to know she had been dealing with this alone.

I snapped my head up when I heard a car door. Y/n quietly opened the door and took her shoes off as she entered.

"Hey Mikey" she mumbled, already heading towards the bedroom.

"Wait a minute babe c'mere" I called.

A moment later she appeared in the living room. I pulled her close until I could get my arms around her and pull her on my lap. I buried my face in the crook of her neck.

"I know sweetheart, you don't have to go through this all alone anymore. I'm here now baby" I said.

"Who told you?" From the way her voice sounded I could tell she was holding back tears.

"I called your doctor. I've been so worried about you all month. I didn't know what else to do" I admitted.

"I'm sorry for keeping this from you Michael. I don't know how to tell you there's no cure for this" you choked out.

"No no no no tell me you're joking baby please" I begged.

I was crying now too, trying to hold onto her tightly now while I still could.

I forced my eyes open when I felt Y/N's soft hand grip mine. I sat up in the uncomfortable hospital chair and sighed at all the needles they had going into her wrist.

"What's wrong baby? Do you need something?" I questioned.

"Michael what was that dream about?" Y/n asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I scanned over her again. This time I noticed the brace around her knee and that her arm was in a sling.

Then I remembered her falling. She tripped on the stairs coming to tell me something when she fell on a dog toy.

"You're not dying?" I stuttered.

"Um no?" She had a confused look on her face.

"God c'mere" I breathed, pulling her in for a hug.

"Michael what's wrong?" She giggled.

"You don't even want to know" I muttered.

I pulled back and lightly pecked her lips. I glanced up and locked eyes with her and smiled.