You go blind

Each day you lost a little bit of sight until one day it just all disappeared. The doctors said this would happen. And you knew by the way the colors started looking duller and everything you looked at was a little fuzzy unless it was right in front of you. Today was the day everything became an endless void of black.
"Michael" you whispered remembering he was right next to you. "It's gone" Michael knew what you meant. You didn't cry or feel upset. You just felt numb and empty. Even though you could see nothing at all you still felt Michaels grab your hand and his thumb rub small circles on it. You turned your head in his direction and lifted your hand up trying to figure out where he was. Michael grabbed your hand and guided it onto his cheek.
"I love you" you said moving closer to him.
"I love you too" he answered wrapping his arm around your waist. "How do your feel?" He asked softly. He let go of your hand and placed it on your cheek. Your eyes looked lifeless to him.
"Numb" you mumbled falling against him. Michael responded by holding you closer.
"Come on angel max is down stairs" Michaels voice was scratchy, like he and been crying. And he had. He was angry at himself because he told himself he wouldn't cry when this day came. He knew how hard it would be on you and he wanted to be strong for you. Max was the dog you had bought to guide you around the house.
"Don't let go mikey" you gripped his hand tightly.
"I'm not going to" he reassured you. He helped you down the stairs and to the couch. You waited while he called the doctor. You felt Michaels hand on your back and the couch next to you dip down. He sighed and pushed some hair from your face.
"How are you doing?" He asked quietly.  "Don't shut me out baby" he said when you stayed quiet.
"It's different" you sighed leaning into his embrace.
"I know baby girl it's going to be a big adjustment but I know you'll be able to do it" he kissed the top of your head.