He's insecure

"Mike come on we're gonna be late" you yelled up the stairs. Michael had been up there for the past hour and now it was time to go to dinner with your parents. When he didn't respond or come down, you furrowed your eyebrows and ran up the stairs.
"Michael?" You called, walking into your bedroom. He was under the covers so you assumed he was sleeping but when you pulled the covers away, Michael was sobbing into a pillow.
"Michael? What's wrong? What happened?" You tried to get him to turn over.
"Go away y/n" he muttered, shaking your hand off his shoulder.
"Not until you tell me what's wrong" you stood your ground.
"You're what's wrong" he yelled. You were shocked at Michaels words. "You're absolutely perfect. Everything about you is perfect and now you expect me to go to dinner with your parents" he exclaimed.
"Me? You want me?" More tears rolled down his cheeks.
"Yes I do expect you to go because you're my boyfriend that I love with all my heart" you told him.
"Why do you love me? You shouldn't. I'm messed up and ugly" He squeezed his eyes shut as a sob escaped his mouth.
"Mikey can I show you something?" you asked softly. He shrugged his shoulders, letting you take his hand. You lead him to the bathroom and made him stare at himself in the mirror.
"I don't want to look at myself" he muttered. You hopped up on the counter, brushing the tears off his face.
"What do you like about yourself?" You asked him.
"Nothing" he replied.
"Can I tell you what I like about you?" You smiled.
"Nothing" he said again.
"I like that any hair color suits you" You smiled, bringing your hands up to brush through his hair. He sniffled, watching you through the mirror.
"And your eyes" you moved your hands to his cheeks so you could brush your thumbs under his eyes.
"And this" you gently brought your hand up to his eyebrow piercing.
"But my favorite thing" you continued with a smile. "Is this" you placed your hand over his heart, feeling it beat quickly.
"Because it shows how much you really love things. Like your family and friends and me. And how much you love guitar and music. You're such an amazing person. You have nothing to worry about because this is what really matters" you said, pointing to his heart again.
"So don't be sad. I don't like when you're sad" you lightly kissed his lips, causing a smile to appear.
"We're gonna be late" you smiled, brushing the last few tears off his face. He sniffled again and ruffled his hair, smiling slightly.
"I love you so much" you whispered. Michael turned around, engulfing you in his arms, whispering "I love you too"