You have cancer

You walked in the living room and draped yourself over Michaels lap.
"Still hurting?" He asked rubbing your back slowly.
"Yeah" you had been complaining about your arms hurting for a month and just recently your legs felt the same way. You didn't know what to do so you just took medicine for the pain to go away but it was only temporary.
"What's wrong?" Calum asked.
"Everything hurts" you whined.
"I know sweetheart I'm taking you to the doctor tomorrow" Michael said. You sighed and closed your eyes trying to fall asleep. After Calum left Michael carried you upstairs and let you sleep. Michael woke you up at 10am. You both got ready and left for your doctors appointment. You told them what was wrong and they did a bunch of tests. Now it was time to break the news. You could tell by the look on the doctors face that it wouldn't be good.
"It's leukemia" he said. That's when your whole world froze. You had cancer. You stared at the ground in front of you. You couldn't hear anything except one word. Cancer. Michael placed his hand on your knee continuing to talk to the doctor. They were discussing what hospital you would go to and when. You felt Michaels lips go against your temple before he lifted you up.

--------------------------------

You spent a week in the hospital getting some of the treatment you needed to help get rid of the cancer. Then they let you go home for a while before you needed more treatment. During this time you slept a lot. You didn't have as much energy as before. Michael understood this and did his best to take care of you but there wasn't much he could do. He suggested things that you could do with him. Sometimes you did but most of the time you guys ended up cuddling.

--------------------------------

Michael walked down the stairs ruffling his hair a bit. He saw you asleep on the couch, he wasn't surprised. He walked over to you and placed his hand on your forehead. A wave of panic washed over him as he felt how hot your face was. You opened your eyes but quickly covered groaning when they were met with the bright lights.
"Hey hey hey shhh" Michael said softly switching the lights off. "How are you feeling?" He whispered.
"Terrible" you said falling against him.
"I know sweetheart I know" he stroked your hair as he spoke. Michael pulled away and took your temperature. He stayed as calm as could as he looked at the number on the thermometer. You had a 103 fever.
"Michael I'm gonna-"
"Ok ok hold on" he rushed out picking you up. He held your hair back and rubbed your back as you emptied your stomach. You pulled back with tears in your eyes.
"I have to take you to the hospital" Michael sighed.
"But it's just a little sickness" you argued.
"Not for you" he muttered. When you got to the hospital and told them what happened they freaked out. You didn't think it was a big deal. They brought you into the emergency room. You laid on the bed and watched them get out a needle.
"Can Michael stay?" You asked quietly.
"Of course" the doctor smiled. Michael came next to you and grabbed your hand. You screamed as they pushed the needle into your arm.
"Shh baby it's almost over" Michael said soothingly.
"It hurts so bad" you cried turning your head to look at him.
"It's ok babe it's almost over almost" they pulled the needle out of your arm but it still burned.
"Michael" you whimpered squeezing his hand harder.
"Their gonna make your arm feel better just be patient baby" he kissed your shoulder. You never realized how much getting those shots actually hurt because the skin had always been numbed so you didn't feel the pain. You cried harder as you saw them get more needles.
"I know angel it's ok it's gonna help you get better" Michael whispered. They pushed another needle in. You sucked in your breath as they held it there.
"Stay still baby girl just relax" Michael said rubbing circles on your hand. His other hand brushed over your cheek.

-------------------------------------

When you woke up the next morning you were still in the hospital bed. You and Michael both had dried tears on your faces.
"Hey baby" Michael said kissing your hand.
"Hey" you said avoiding his gaze.
"What's wrong?" He whispered moving closer to you.
"Nothing" you mumbled.
"Somethings wrong"
"Am I gonna live?" You whispered. Tears formed in your eyes. Michael reacted by pulling you in for a hug.
"Of course your gonna survive" he laughed lightly while rubbing your back.
"How do you know?" you stuttered struggling to stop crying.
"The doctor said your gonna survive" Michael smiled pulling away to kiss you.