Your daughter is sick

When I got home from work I was very confused to see Michael walking out of the bathroom with our 5 year old daughter. Nicole's head was buried in the crook of his neck.
"What's going on?" I asked, rubbing her back.
"She got sick" Michael answered, walking over and laying her on the couch. "She's been throwing up since you left this morning"
"Does she have a fever?" I asked, pulling a blanket over her shaking body.
"Yeah" he sighed, licking his lips.
"Mommy" Nicole whispered.
"Hey sweetie how do you feel?" I quietly asked, brushing my thumb across her cheek.
"I don't feel good" she pouted.
"Michael you want to-"
"I'll stay here with her" he nodded, cutting me off.
"Thanks" I smiled, kissing his cheek.
"Come here princess. Mommy is going to make you something to eat" He told her.
"Because he can't cook" I smirked, patting his back.
"You're so nice" Michael rolled his eyes.
"My stomach hurts" Nicole whined.
"Ok sweetheart" Michael said softly. He started rubbing her stomach while I went to the kitchen to make her soup. A few minutes later Michael carried Nicole into the kitchen.
"She wanted to see you" He chuckled.
I smiled turning the stove off.
"Need any help babe?" He asked, as his arms went around my waist.
"No. Thank you for taking care of Nicole today" I said.
"You shouldn't have to thank me" he laughed quietly "Of course I'm gonna take care of her. I'll take care of both of you. Always" I felt him kiss the top of my head. I smiled turning around in his arms.
"I love you" I whispered against his lips.
"I love you too. Now let's eat" He took the pot off the counter and poured it into a bowl.
"You want to eat that?" I scrunched up my face.
"What?" He laughed. "Here Nicole sit up and eat baby" he said, rubbing her back as she lifted her head up.
"It's got the alphabet in it" I laughed.
"I need to learn the alphabet" He sarcastically replied. I watched Nicole lazily stir the spoon around the bowl, not bothering to eat.
"Did she sleep today?" I asked quietly.
"Not much" he gave me a sad smile.
"Come on Nicole let's put you to bed" I smiled picking her up. She laid her head against my chest sighing quietly.
"I'll clean up in here" Michael nodded.
I kissed the side of her head and rubbed her back as I carried her up to her room.
"Did daddy take care of you today?" I questioned, changing her into her pajamas.
"Yeah he gave me a stuffed animal" she mumbled rubbing her eyes. "See" she smiled, holding it up.
"It's cute" I smiled. "Now time for bed"
I kissed her forehead and wrapped her pink blanket around her.
"Goodnight" Michael whispered from the doorway. He came into the room and kissed Nicole's cheek.
"I don't feel good" she repeated. I bit my lip and glanced at Michael.
"It's ok Nicole" Michael cooed, laying down next to her. He wrapped his arms around her while I laid down on the other side of Nicole.
"You're staying?" She smiled widely.
"Of course princess we want you to get better" Michael told her.
"We love you Nicole" I said.