Heartbreaking

I watched y/n fall to the ground sobbing when she heard the news. I felt her shaking as I carried her out of the hospital. I wiped her tears as she cried nonstop for hours. I sang her to sleep when she finally calmed down. I stayed up all night holding her just to make sure she was ok. It was heartbreaking to watch the person you love be in so much pain. For the next for days she never left the bed. I suggested things we could do but she said no to all of them. I brought her food but she hardly ever ate. I tried joking around to cheer her up but she remained emotionless. Finally one day when we were laying in bed watching tv she spoke for the first time since she found out.
"Why did it have to happen?" She asked. Her eyes held so much sadness and pain.
"I don't know sweetheart. Bad things happen to good people" I pressed a kiss to her forehead.
"I miss her so much already" she started crying.
"Please don't cry darling" I pulled her tightly against me. "She will always be in your heart" I said referring to her mother who had just died of cancer.
Over the next few days many people had sent notes saying how great her mother was. Every note made her break down crying. I helped y/n plan the funeral. She had a speech about her mother but I ended up saying it for her and took her home crying. It was heartbreaking.