Broken glass

"Can we go yet?" I groaned as Calum continued to shuffle through his locker.

"Chill man" Calum replied. "I'm looking for something"

"What could possibly take this long to find?" I asked, peeking over his shoulder to see into his locker.

"My history homework" Calum muttered. "I found it" he suddenly exclaimed.

"Good let's go" I dragged out the word as I started pulling him down the hallway.

Once we made it outside the sound of a bunch of guys yelling instantly caught our attention. Calum and I both looked over to the sound and saw a bunch of guys crowded around a car. They had something in their hand that they used to hit the windshield of the car. I noticed how it had started to crack with each time they did it.

"Calum" I suddenly gasped. "That's y/n's car"

"No way. Do you think she's in there?" Calum asked.

"Where else would she be?"

As we got closer to the car I could hear her screaming at them to stop as they continued to pound the windshield with rocks.

Before I could get to her the windshield suddenly crumbled to pieces inside of the car. The glass shattered around y/n, causing her to let out more screams as it pierced her skin.

"Y/n" I yelled, pushing the guys out of the way.

I pulled open the door as fast as I could and pulled y/n out onto the street. She collapsed against my chest and I had to sit down to avoid hurting her more.

Calum got the other guys to leave before he came to sit on one side of me. Calum helped me to brush all the little glass pieces from her hair and off her clothes as y/n cried into my chest.

"Let me see your arms baby girl" I said to y/n.

She slowly pulled away from me and held her arms out. Little cuts littered her arms and some blood trickled down onto her clothes.

"Let's get you home cutie" I said to her as I lifted her up. Y/n buried her face in my chest when I did.

Calum followed us since I drove him to school that morning.

"Call a tow truck to get her car" I said to Calum as I applied pressure to y/n's arm.

"Stop" y/n whispered.

I looked down and noticed a large chunk of glass stuck in her arm. It had caused a cut slightly bigger than the others and  was gushing blood.

"Calum forget the car. I'll call at my house, just drive" I instructed.

"Are you okay y/n?" Calum asked as he backed out of the parking space.

"I'll be fine" she stuttered out.

"Y/n how come you didn't get out of the car? Why did you just sit there?" I asked her.

"Michael" Calum warned, looking at me through the rearview mirror. "Not the time"

I sighed and pressed my lips against her temple. "Sorry sweetheart" I murmured.

I pulled y/n into my lap and held her until we got to my house. Calum dropped us off at my house then went back to the school to wait for a tow truck to get y/n's car.

"Michael" y/n whispered, squeezing her eyes shut as my hand hovered above her arm.

"I have to baby girl" I replied, biting my lip.

More tears fell from y/n's eyes as I used the tweezers to pull the glass from the cut. Blood was still gushing out of it as I did.

"Almost over sweetheart, almost over" I soothed.

Once the glass was out I wiped up all the blood and wrapped the cut. I cleaned up all the other little cuts before I wrapped my arms around y/n again.

Y/n laid her head in the crook of my neck and wrapped her legs around my waist. I lifted her off the counter and took her into the living room.

I kept y/n in my lap when I sat down and started brushing my hand through her hair. My other hand rested on her thigh.

"You're shaking" I commented.

"I'm sorry" y/n whispered. "I'm just a little scared"

"Of what sweetheart?" I asked softly, bringing my lips to her forehead.

"Those guys" she shuddered as she said it. "They looked like they wanted to kill me"

"Hey hey hey" I said softly as I pushed her head against my chest. "You think I would ever let somebody do that to you? Baby no ones ever going to hurt you again"

"Promise?" She whispered.

"I promise cutie" I responded, bringing my hands up to rub her back until she fell asleep.