He yells at your kid

"Jacob get back here" Michael yelled.
Your 6 year old son came running into the room and hid behind your legs. Not long after an angry Michael stormed in.
"Come here right now" he demanded. Jacob shook his head and grabbed onto your legs.
"Jacob" he warned which only caused Jacob to whimper.
"What's going on?" You asked.
"He won't do his homework and he just threw a toy at me" Michael informed you.
"Jacob" you sighed turning around. His hands fell to his sides again, as he took a few steps back. "You've got to do your homework"
"That's what I said" Michael exclaimed.
"You have to do it" he yelled.
"Jacob go to your room" you said softly. He nodded and ran past Michael and up the stairs.
"Why did you do that?" Michael continued to yell.
"Michael honey calm down" you said, grabbing his hand and kissing the back of it. Michael let out a breath of air and sat at the kitchen table, with his head in his hands.
"What's going on Michael?" You asked, sitting next to him. You pulled his hands away to see his eyes had welled with tears.
"How come he listens to you so well?" He sniffled, his voice cracking.
"I don't know. Michael I really don't" You shook your head.
"How come he wants nothing to do with me? Does he hate me? Why does he hate me? Am I a bad father?" With every question Michael asked, your heart broke more and more. Michael was definitely not a bad father and Jacob didn't hate him.
"Michael you want me to tell you something?" You asked, placing your hand over his. He stopped his rambling and nodded.
"Every day when you go to work, me and Jacob go to the park and we walk the trails and play in the pond and a bunch of other things. That's a lot of time we spend together and Jacob isn't really interested in music like you are. He's more into nature. You guys just have to find something you have in common that's all" you smiled.
You called Jacob down again but this time he had tear stains on his cheeks.
"What happened buddy?" You questioned, lifting him up.
"I don't want daddy to be mad at me" he sniffled. Michael cracked a smile and took the kid from your arms.
"I love you Jacob. I'm not mad. I was just wondering if you would like to try and play a video game with me?" Michael suggested. You gave him a reassuring smile and a thumbs up. Jacob quickly nodded and raced out of the room. Michael got up to follow him but stopped and grabbed your waist, smashing his lips against yours.
"I love you" he whispered, pecking your lips one more time before going to get Jacob.