He always knows

Michael knew from the pile of clothes waiting to be put away and from your phone dead and laying on the floor that something was wrong. He sighed and took his seat on the bed next to you. You didn't move at all and stayed hidden under the covers. Every time Michael tried to pull them back you held them tighter. Your room was a wreck since you had barely moved from your bed not even to eat.
"Babe come out" Michael said gently. Tears welled in your eyes at the sound of his voice. You wanted to have someone comfort you but you didn't want to be a burden to Michael.
"Come on it's ok it's only me" he encouraged. "I know your not ok" he sighed sadly.
"Come on baby" he finally pulled the sheets away from you. He took in your red puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks which had more tears rolling down. Your messy hair and the bags under your eyes.
"Y/n" Michaels voice cracked. You looked so broken to him and he didn't like it at all. You were his world and he wanted you happy.
"What happened to you?" He gently pulled you to sit up.
"My brother" you barely managed to say through your tears.
"Shh stop crying baby girl" Michael said softly while pulling you into his lap. "What happened with your brother?"
"He just died of cancer" Michael fell silent after you said that. He didn't know what to say.
"By the time they caught it the doctors said there was no way to save him. He died a few days ago" you explained trying to wipe your tears away. You gave up and collapsed against Michaels chest sobbing.
"Shh" Michael smoothed down your hair. "He's still in your heart" he said tapping where my heart was.
"It just hurts" you whimpered.
"But time will fix that" he gave you a gentle kiss before he picked up your phone from the floor and plugged it in. Michael helped you clean your room then took you on an adventure.