You play a sport

"Are you nervous babe?" I asked y/n as I braided her hair.
"Extremely" she took in a shaky breath.
"I know you'll do great as always" I smiled.
"My parents will be there this time" she said. I hummed in response tying a band around the bottom of the braid.
"Are you ready?" I asked, moving my hands to her hips.
"I just have to get my cleats" she mumbled.
"Ok I'll meet you in the car" I pulled her a little closer to kiss the top of her head. I grabbed her bag by the front door and took it out to the car.
"Let's go" Y/n smiled, getting in the car. We didn't say anything until we met her parents at the football (soccer) field.
"Hey guys" Her dad smiled, waving us over.
"Good luck sweetie" her mom hugged her tightly. Y/n pulled back laughing and fist bumped her dad.
"Good luck"
"I know you'll do great babe" I smiled giving her a hug too. Soon after she had to leave to meet with her team before the game.
"Do you think she's nervous?" Her mom asked as we walked over to the bleachers.
"I know she's nervous" I chuckled. Her mom narrowed her eyes at y/n.
"Did you braid her hair?" She questioned. I nodded, confused on how she knew that.
"It looks reall good. Y/n sucks at it" she laughed.
"You're a good guy Michael" her dad said patting me on the shoulder. I blushed, looking down at the floor. Suddenly I heard her mother gasp. I looked up seeing y/n unconscious on the field.
"No" I whispered, jumping to my feet. I rushed down the bleachers and across the field to where she was.
"Call an ambulance" the coach instructed. I tried to go next to y/n but the coach wouldn't let anyone through.
"Please" I begged, feeling tears form in my eyes.
"They're here" someone yelled. I watched as the paramedics lifted y/n into the ambulance and sped off.
"Michael do you want to ride with us to the hospital?" Her dad asked, placing his hand on my shoulder.
"No I'll take my car" I mumbled.
"Be safe" he smiled. I followed her parents car there and waited with them in the waiting room.
"Y/n y/l/n" a doctor called. He smiled at us as we made our way over to him. "She's awake and ok. She just has a mild concussion"
I breathed out in relief and followed him to her room.
"Y/n" I breathed out, rushing over to hug her. "I was so worried about you" I said into her ear.
"I won't get hurt that easily" she winked.
"I know" I chuckled.