His mom doesn't like you

"Hi" y/n smiled going to hug my mother but she quickly moved to the side and came over to hug me.
"Hey mom" I laughed.
"It's so good to see you again" she pulled back pinching my cheek.
"Mom" I groaned, pushing her back.
"You didn't say hi to y/n" I commented, furrowing my eyebrows.
"I was just excited to see you" she brushed it off "Since we had to come here" she trailed off.
Y/n sighed, falling next to me. I gave her a small smile and placed my hand on her thigh.
"Just ignore it babe" I whispered.
"I see you dyed your hair again" my dad noticed laughing.
"Like it?" I questioned, running my hand through my hair. "It was Y/N's choice"
Out of the corner of my eye I could see my mom roll her eyes. For some reason she had never liked y/n and always found a way to hurt hurt.
"Looks great Michael" my dad smiled.
"What about Y/N's?" I asked, slinging my arm around her shoulder.
"Even better" my dad smirked.
"I don't think those 3 colors go good together" my mom commented. I hummed, picking up a piece of her blue, pink, and purple hair.
"I think it looks great" I kissed her cheek.
I cleared my throat leaning forward.
"You guys want something to drink?" I offered. Y/n started to stand up but I pushed her back down.
"I'll get it babe" I smiled. I came back in the room just as y/n darted up the stairs.
"Why did you say that?" I heard my dad say.
"Mom what did you do?" I said through gritted teeth. I put the glasses down not bothering to wait for an answer.
"Y/n" I called walking in the bedroom. "Hey baby girl" I carefully pulled her into my arms.
"Are you ok?" I asked looking down at her.
"I hate your mother" she suddenly pushed me away "She's never liked me. Before she even knew my name she hated me. I've been so nice to her but it's not good enough" she yelled.
"Hey baby calm down" I said, grabbing a hold of her wrists. I held both of them in one of my hands, bringing my other hand up to cup her cheek.
"I know she does all of that and I have no idea why. But why does it matter what she thinks? I know none of that is true and I love you so much. Don't let my mom bring you down" I smiled, kissing her at the end. I heard a knock on the door making me spin around.
"Hey y/n" my mom said quietly "I just came to apologize. Everything I've said I didn't mean. I think you and Michael are perfect for each other"
"Thank you" y/n gave her a small smile and dropped her gaze to the floor.
"There you go beautiful" I whispered, tilting her chin up to kiss her.