His ex

I sighed as I put more water on my shirt. Michael's ex was downstairs and ever since I arrived she had gone out of her way to make tonight a living hell for me. The salsa she had 'accidentally' spilled on me wasn't coming out.

"Babe? You in here?" Michael questioned.

"Yeah" I answered quietly.

"What happened?" Michael asked, eyeing the stain on my shirt.

"Calum walked into me" I lied.

Michael nodded before he slipped his flannel off. He gave me a goofy smile as he waited for me to take it. I quickly changed shirts then went back downstairs with Michael.

His ex, Kristen, shot daggers at me as Michael and I walked hand in hand into the living room. He lead me over to where Calum and Luke were standing.

"There she is" Calum smiled. "You missed the toast"

"Sorry" I attempted to smile.

"She wouldn't have if you didn't walk into her" Michael laughed.

Calum shot me a look before he laughed. "Kristen?" Calum whispered in my ear as he placed his hand on my back.

I nodded before pulling away from both of them. "I need something to drink" I muttered.

Calum quickly followed me into the kitchen. "Has she said anything to you?" Calum questioned as he pulled a beer out of his fridge.

"She's said plenty to me" I said. "She's threatened me. She's hit me. She's given me dirty looks"

"Why haven't you told Michael this?" Calum asked.

"Cause I don't want him to think I can't stand up for myself" I replied.

"You can't" Calum exclaimed.

"Right. Thanks for the beer" I took it from him and started out of the room.

"Y/n wait, I'm sorry. I just think you should tell Michael" Calum said.

"Why?" I snapped.

"He can-"

"He can't" I said.

"If you don't tell him, I will" Calum said sternly.

"Fine. I'll tell him tomorrow. I just want him to have a good night" I told Calum before I walked out of the kitchen.

-

I opened my 10th beer of the night and drank half before I even left the kitchen. I stumbled out the door and ran right into Kristen. The rest of my beer spilt on her shirt.

"How could you?" Kristen yelled as a tear rolled down her face. She shot me an evil smile before crying into her hands.

"Y/n, what's wrong with you?" Michael yelled as he wrapped his arm around Kristen.

"She just threw her drink at me" Kristen cried.

"She's lying. It was an accident" I insisted.

"Can't believe you" Michael said, shaking his head.

He started to lead Kristen away as I went back to the kitchen for another beer.

I had several more beers before Kristen showed up again. She took a seat beside me as I sat on the porch in the backyard.

"What are you even doing here?" I slurred.

"I'm here to win Michael back. You're making it very easy for me too" she laughed.

I pushed myself off the ground and dropped my empty beer bottle on the ground.

"If you really loved him you never would have hurt him in the first place" I said.

Kristen brought her hand up and slapped me across the face. I took several steps back before running into someone's chest.

"Get the hell away from my house and stay away from y/n and Michael" Calum told her before he started to lead me into the house.

I used Calum for support as we stumbled upstairs. He lead me down the hall and leaned me up against the wall by his room.

"I'm gonna go find Michael okay? You stay here" Calum said.

"Okay" I whispered.

Not long after Calum left Kristen showed up, with a smirk on her face as she walked over to me.

"Calum told you to leave" I said.

"And I told you to stay away from my boyfriend" she spat. I felt her grab my wrist and moments later a stinging pain spread across my palm.

I let out a shriek of pain as I clutched my hand against my chest.

"Please just leave me alone" I cried as she shoved me against the wall.

"You were told to leave" I watched Luke and Ashton pulled Kristen back by her arms as Michael and Calum stood in front of me.

"I-I just cut myself while I was shaving" I said.

"No baby no. You don't have to lie to me about this anymore" Michael said softly. "How much have you had to drink?"

"A lot" Calum answered for me.

I gripped Michael's shoulder and pulled him closer so I could rest my head against his chest.
"I'm gonna be sick"

Michael quickly pulled me off the wall and helped me into the bathroom as Calum followed behind.

"Here, I got her" Calum said softly.

"I'll search for some bandages" Michael replied.

As soon as I sat down I leaned over the toilet and emptied my stomach.

"It's okay, I'm here" Calum said soothingly as he rubbed my back.

Michael kneeled next to me and pulled me back into his chest. "I'm so sorry baby girl" he whispered.

After a moment Michael stood up again and lifted me up onto the counter. I felt him press a cold wash cloth against my palm as I laid my head against his shoulder.

Once Michael got all the blood off of my palm Calum smoothed a bandage over it. I felt Calum kiss the back of my hand before Michael lifted me off the counter. I wrapped my arms and legs around him and laid my head in the crook of his neck.

"I'm going to take her home" Michael said to Calum.

"No Michael" Calum objected. "You may not be as drunk as her but you still can't drive. You guys can crash here"

"Thanks man" Michael smiled as Calum lead him to his spare bedroom.

Michael and Calum continued talking as Michael laid me down on the bed. As soon as he did, I rolled over and pulled my knees up to my chest.

The door closed and moments later I was pulled back against Michael's chest.

"I'm sorry" I whispered as his thumb rubbed circles on my arm.

"Don't be. I should be apologizing. I stood up for Kristen when I should have been defending you. I'm so sorry" Michael said into my hair.

"You guys aren't going to get back together are you?" I questioned.

"Of course not" Michael assured. He turned my around to face him and left a kiss on my forehead. "Get some rest. You're going to have a killer hangover tomorrow"

I nodded and shut my eyes as Michael left another kiss on my forehead.