Seventeen

Written By: Writer_Babe

*Tommy's POV*

My back was against the hard bark of the tree trunk in the schoolyard. I relaxed against it and focused my attention on the mixing colors of blue and white in the sky.

Time moves so fast. Even the sky moves fast. You just have to really pay attention. And you can't blink. Everything changes when you blink.

One minute I'm seeing an ice-cream cone in the sky and the next thing I know after I've blinked it's all irregular shaped cotton balls again.

''Hey,'' Adam's voice echoed through the air. I looked forward to see my stunning boyfriend walking towards me, his football buddies in tow.

He was a good few feet away, and before he reached me he dismissed them off.

Adam and I were kings at this school. And no, not the popular 'when I enter the hall everyone runs' type of kings.

We had made gay okay here.

When the Quarter-Back of the football team, the strongest kid in school, falls for the smartest kid in the school, who's going to tell him he can't love who he loves?

No one. Absolutely no one.

And the teachers held their tongue too because I am the smartest kid in school. I'm not bragging, although I have the right to, but I brought this schools test scores up all on my own. I got a 35 on the ACT the first time I took it.

No teachers or administrators were about to tell us anything, because me transferring out of this school meant their scores going down dramatically.

Of course people still had their opinion though. People like Adam's bestfriends, which is why they went on their own before they reached me.

Adam made it very clear to them from the start that he wasn't tolerating any disrespect towards either of us, so they had to keep their comments to themselves when around us or risk getting beat the fuck up.

He made sure even his bestfriends knew that he wasn't about to change and hide his love for me to keep them, and that he wasn't going to force them to change and become accepting for him either.

Which is why they separate themselves from Adam when he's by me. They love him too much to not be his friend but they aren't comfortable enough with us to just hangout.

And I'm honestly fine with that. They're being respectful of his wishes and no ones getting beat up.

''What're you thinking about?'' He asked as he finally reached me, taking a seat beside me and pulling me into his lap. I rested my back against his welcoming chest now, my body in between his legs.

''What?'' I asked.

''You looked so off into a daze. Were you day-dreaming about me?'' He asked. I could just tell he was smiling and the image in my head of him smiling had me smiling too because he looked so cute.

I elbowed him in the stomach, not that it affected him very much, he's extremely toned.

He ran his fingers through my dirty blonde hair, which held an uneven length.

''I was actually thinking about my birthday tomorrow.'' I told him. He hummed, and I felt his chest vibrate beneath me. I closed my eyes, sinking more into his comforting body.

''Yeah? You're finally going to be eighteen. Are you excited?'' Adam asked.

I shook my head against his chest.