Runnin' to Love

Written by Glitterbaby2016

>>>>>>>>>>>>

*Adam's POV*

 Today was the first show of the Europe part of the Glam Nation Tour. Playing the biggest arena in London, England. I could tell that tonight was going to be the greatest show I have ever performed.

I guided the black eyeliner across the bottom of my eye, singing softly to the music that was playing on my phone.

 "Everyday, I try and I try and I try. But everybody wants to put me down. They say I'm goin' crazy, they say I got a lot of water in my brain. I got no common sense, I got nobody left to believe. Oh Lord! Somebody - somebody; Can anybody find me somebody to love?"

 My voice got louder with every word I sang and I felt like I had something missing. It felt like a hole in my heart that kept getting bigger with every day that passed. 

"Got no feel, I got no rhythm. I just keep losing my beat, I'm OK, I'm alright. I ain't gonna face no defeat. I just gotta get out of this prison cell. Someday I'm gonna be free, Lord! Find me somebody to love. Can anybody find me somebody to love?"

 I held out the last note, my voice blending perfectly with Freddie's. I felt the ache in my heart and the tears threatening to form in my eyes, but I pushed back the tears as I finished with my makeup.  

 My hand stopped in mid-brush when I saw the one person who I didn't expect to be leaning in the doorway of my dressing room. 

Oh god, what is he doing here? Monte or Issac usually came and got me before shows. 

 "Well, Monte told me to come here to run a few scales to warm up your voice, but it seems that you are already ready." Tommy chuckled, pushing off the frame and took a few steps into the room.

 I shrug my shoulders and smirked, brushing out the powder on my face, "Who says I need any warming up?"

 "Well we wouldn't want you to hurt those precious vocal chords of yours." Tommy said, leaning up against the table beside me. I couldn't figure out whether he was flirting or just being caring, I swear this guy is confusing me.

 "Yeah that wouldn't be so tragic." I put away the brush and clean up the eye shadow and pencils that decorated my table.

 "I guess it wouldn't because even without your voice, the person you find and decide to marry one day wouldn't care if you couldn't sing anymore. They would just," He paused and took a breath, "They would love you just the same. Voice or no voice. Their love would be unconditional."

 I looked up at Tommy, he was looking down at me directly in my eyes. I could have sworn I saw something flash across his eyes. Was that love? Desire? Lust? But in a blink of an eye the look was gone.

 I opened my mouth to say something but a knock on the door made Tommy jump away from me. I turned around and saw Issac with his drumsticks in his hand,  standing in the doorway.

 "Two minutes guys. See you out on stage." Issac winked at us, tapping his drumsticks on the door frame. Then he turned away and his footsteps faded as he ran down the hall.

 I felt my face heat up as I snuck a quick glance at Tommy. I saw that he was scratching the back of his neck, looking at the tiled floor. He seemed deep in thought. I got up and walked over to him.

 His body seemed to tense underneath my hand as I touched his shoulder. "You okay?" I asked, searching his face for any type of emotion that I saw in it. 

 He shook his head, "No I'm just nervous that's all." 

I leaned back, raising an eyebrow. "Wow, Mr. Tommy Joe Ratliff nervous?" I chuckled as he playfully pushed me away.

 He rolled his eyes and huffed. Then he stepped out of my grip and made his way towards the door. Before Tommy turned the corner he stopped, looking over his shoulder. "We should get going the fans sound like they are ready to start a riot."

 For the first time since we got here I heard the crowd. I didn't hear it before Tommy mentioned about them. "Yeah, lets go." I grabbed my top hat and followed him out onto the stage.

 >>>>>>>>>>>>

 I lowered the microphone as I cut off the last note of the Ring of Fire and gripped it tightly in my hand. My knuckles ached as I squeezed it. I licked my lips and my eyes scanned over the thousands of fans who showed up tonight. My eyes glanced over so many signs that made my stomach flutter.

 Yeah I know what you are going to say; Adam Lambert you have a million of fans who adore you, why do you need somebody to love? 

 Well my answer is that yes I may have a lot of dedicated fans, but none of them can take up the little bit of my heart that is left for someone special. 

 I glanced down to my left, seeing Tommy swaying to the beat of the instrumental for the ending of the Ring of Fire. I lifted the mic and sung a few scales. It seemed like he was under a spell, he slowly turned his head and looked up at me. I saw it in his eyes, the love, lust and desire flash across his face.

 Was I imagining this? I slowly lowered the microphone and tilted my head. With a smirk I motioned him to walk over to me. 

 He walked slowly towards me, his fingers strumming the strings of his bass. Then Tommy turned back around, facing the audience and leaned against the platform. I sat down on the top step, leaning closer to him.

 My hand pressed against the metal platform, steadying myself so I wouldn't fall. I lowered the mic and reached over, draping my arm over Tommy. He titled his head back and I leaned forward.

 Our eyes met briefly, and I saw the raw emotion flash across his eyes. They fluttered closed as our lips met. My mind went blank, forgetting about the concert that was going on. It was just him and I, just the way I had always dreamed it would be.

 I licked my tongue across his lips and he granted me entrance. I deepened the kiss as our tongues fought for dominance. My hand that held the mic slid across the neck of his bass and I heard in my ear piece that he stopped playing. I felt his body start to give out as his hands went limp by his side.

 I pulled away and we looked into each other's eyes. Then he went back to playing the intro to Fever and walked to his spot on the stage. For the rest of the show I was on a complete high. 

 I would go over and ruffle Tommy's hair or give him flirty looks. That is when I realized that for the first time if forever I was finally awake and seeing the world clearly for the first time in years.

<After the show> 

 I took another shot of Whiskey and slammed the glass down on the counter, raising my hands above my head. "I win." I yelled out in victory as Monte looked at the glass in his hand and placed it, untouched on the counter. 

 I treated the guys to a night out on the town and decided to go to a local bar. Looked around, in a drunk haze I saw Tommy sitting down at the chair and table in the corner of the bar. Hopping off the stool, I strolled over to him.

 "Hey, kitten, why are you sitting here all alone?" I asked, leaning against the table.

 He seemed shocked to see me, his grip tightening on the glass. "I just don't want to socialize, that is all."

 I sighed and took his hand, he tried to pull back but I wouldn't let him go. I pulled him off of the chair and he fell into my arms. I felt Tommy's hands on my chest and his heart beating in time with my own rapid heartbeat.

 Feeling the buzz of the alcohol dissipate, my mind grew clearer. I pulled away and put my finger under his chin, lifting his head so his brown, doe eyes met mine. With each passing second I swear his eyes darkened, looking almost black.

 I leaned in and felt his body shudder as I got closer to his ear. "How about we get out of here instead of socializing." I whispered into his ear. 

 Tommy pulled away and nodded. Then I laced my fingers with his and walked out of the bar.