Ghost Town

Written by Glitterbaby2016

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
They say that one day all of humanity would disappear, and they were right. It is the year 2055 and so far, we thought we were the only living human beings left but we were wrong.

-Adam's POV-

I woke up to the bright sunlight peeking its way through my dark blinds of my bedroom window. Sitting up, I stretched my arms over my head, yawning. As I threw my blanket off of myself, a thought came into my mind.

Another day without anyone around...

I sighed and forced myself out of bed and I made my way down the hall, I grabbed my jacket and walked out of the house. With my luck, I wouldn't find anything or anyone, but today felt like a different day. Today I felt hopeful.

I made my way down the driveway and started walking down the deserted streets of LA.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-Tommy's POV-

I groaned as the light flooded in through my curtains of my room. I pulled the blanket over my head, trying to block out the light and try to go back to sleep. But no matter how hard I squeezed my eyes shut, I didn't feel the pull of sleep pulling me back into my dreams.

So I threw the blanket off of my body and got out of bed. As I walked down the hall, I rubbed the back of my head and yawned. I grabbed my sweater off of the hook that was on the wall and slipped my arms through the sleeves.

Then opening the door, I cupped my hand over my eyes as the sunlight poured into the house. I walked out of the house, closing the door securely behind me. I didn't other locking it because well, no one else was around.

I sighed, pulling my hood over my head, blocking out the blinding sun and started walking down the street.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-Adam's POV-

As I turned onto an unfamiliar road, I started to get a weird feeling like someone was right behind me. I kept glancing back, paranoia creeping up my spine, causing my body to quiver in slight fear.

I stopped and let my eyes scanned the empty street. My ears perked up as I heard a lonely plastic bag blowing in the slight breeze, but still no one or thing in sight. I shook my head as if to shake off the paranoia that was chewing at the back of my mind; but I continued walking.

As I strolled down the road, I started whistling. Then I started hum a tune that has been stuck in my head.

Now, I'm searching for trust/ In a city of rust/ A city of vampires/ Tonight, Elvis is dead/ And everyone's spread/ And love is a satire/ And now I know my heart is a ghost town

All of a sudden, my words stopped when I heard a voice calling out in the empty air. Frozen in place, my eyes scanned the houses that aligned the streets; abandoned and deserted. Then my eyes widened as I saw a figure standing in the middle of the road, looking around.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" I heard the person call out.

I quickly hid behind a car and pressed my back up against the door of the car.

The voice called out again, this time getting closer, "Hello!? If there is anyone out there please, come out!"

I slowly knelt on my knee, lifting my head to peer over the hood of the car and I saw the person walking down the road, looking around. My body quivered in fear as the figure got closer.

Why are you so afraid? It's another human being, you're not alone! Yeah, but what if the person turns out to be a killer? No he looks like he wouldn't hurt a fly. My mind fought with itself as I watched the person get closer and closer to where I was hiding.

As I shifted my weight, my arm hit the side of the car and a small noise escaped from my mouth. I clamped my lips shut, hoping and praying that he didn't hear that.

"Okay, now I know you are there. Please come out." I heard him beg.

Shit, you blowed your cover. Way to go Lambert. I rolled my eyes at my mind and I slowly got up from my hiding spot.

As I walked around the car, I saw his body tense and his face turned white as a ghost.

"I can't believe it." I heard him mumble as he slowly took a step towards me.

"Me either." I answered back, my body tensed up as he got closer and my muscles were screaming to run away but, my mind said to stay.

"After all these years, I thought... I thought..." His words cut off as I took a few steps towards him.

"I thought I was alone too. But it seems that we are not the only ones who survived the war." I saw his eyes sparkle as tears welled up in his eyes.

"I lost my entire family in that war." He whispered.

"So did I. My father and brother went into that war and well we basically lost all humanity." I said, bowing my head, wiping away a tear that escaped my eyes.

I looked up and saw him sitting on the ground, his back up against the car. His head in his knees and his shoulders shook as he cried. Slowly, I walked towards him and sat down. Instinctively I wrapped my arms around him and I pulled him into my lap.

I started to sing softly and I felt his muscles relax.

There's no one left in the world/ I'm gunslingin'/ Don't give a damn if I go/ Down, down, down/ I got a voice in my head that keeps singing/ Oh, my heart is a ghost town

"You have a nice voice. Its good to hear someone else speak, rather than the sound of your own voice or the voice in your mind." He sniffled and I smoothed out his hair, tucking it behind his ear.

"Yeah I know. By the way, my name is Adam." I smiled down at him.

His chocolate brown eyes peered into mine and a smile tugged at his lips, "My name is Tommy."

After a few minutes, we got up and he turned to walk away. But I grabbed his wrist and he stopped.

"Wait, where are you going?" I asked, not wanting him to leave my side. I was afraid that I would never see him again.

"Back home. Its getting late." He said as he gestured his free hand, over his shoulder at a dark blue and white house.

"Oh, well since no one else is here. I was wondering if you would like some company." I asked, looking down at the pavement.

"Sure I would love some company." I looked back up at him and he was smiling.

I smiled back and we walked to his house. As we neared the door, I noticed that our fingers were laced together. My face heated up as I followed him inside.

>>>>>>>>>>

We cuddle on the couch, listening to the music that played softly in the background. Tommy was cuddled up in a blanket, his head resting on my chest as he lied ontop of me. My arm was wrapped around his waist, holding him, in fear that he would disappear if I would let go.

"You know, I have been searching for the past 5 years for someone or something that wasn't a plant, grass or a tree." I felt his chest vibrate as he let out a small giggle.

I chuckled and said, "After all of these years I have finally found someone."

Tommy shifted, picking up his head and looked at me, "I have been searching also, and I'm glad that I found you."

Our eyes locked, then it is as if his gravity was pulling me towards him. I leaned in and pressed my lips against his. I felt his body tense a little, but then it was as if his bones were melting, he relaxed.

After a few seconds, he pulled away, resting his forehead against mine, "I'm glad I found you." He repeated.

"I'm glad that I found you too." I kissed his lips again and he snuggled into my shirt.

My heart was a ghost town but now, with him, I can feel it blooming with life.