Just One Yesterday (Part 2)

Written by Glitterbaby2014

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-Tommy's POV-

The building and the sidewalk outside was packed full of people and their instruments. Some stood, and kept their basses neat in their cases, while others warmed up their fingers or played songs to pass the time. And it was easy to tell who was good, and who was not comfortable with this at all.

Just as I was about to sit on the concrete to wait for the line to move, a larger man in dark jeans and a casual button-up shirt strode over to me.

"Do you have a card?" he asked, holding out a meaty hand. I looked at his face for a moment before pulling out the card. It was one of the security from the night at the bar. He didn't look too happy about seeing me here.

But he took my card and checked it, drawing in an intake of breath. "Tommy Joe Ratliff, you are to wait inside, considering he wrote this himself. Please follow me." I stepped out of the line, under the stares of several of the people I had been near in the line-up.

Obviously, these people had not been invited, but had heard about this and were trying to give it their best shot. I shrugged a small apology towards them, not that it was my fault.

I followed the man into a slightly air-conditioned room. It wasn't that cool in here, because otherwise the temperature difference could make our basses lose their tune.

I still took mine out and checked it once I was seated. All around me were people who knew exactly what they were doing, and looked like they were perfectly comfortable with their instruments. None of them tried to show off to another, as that would have been considered unprofessional.

That was fine with me, because from the warm-ups and body language of those here, I felt a little out of place.

They were all dressed nice and yet plainly- mostly in black or white. There was the odd person that was a little more my style- daring to use color. But I was most certainly the most...interesting.

I wore my classic black skinny jeans and a bright purple collared shirt that was not buttoned up to the throat. Over top of that I had on a black and grey knit sweater that had a large collar on the left that swept to the right, where it was attached with three large black buttons.

The hem was crooked, dipping low over my left hip and high on the other side, showing more purple. And of course, my pink hair with light tips and dark roots that was all swept over to my right side, some hanging in my face. And to complete my look, I had all my hoops in my ears and industrial bar on the top of my left ear, along with heavy eyeliner.

So yes, I was getting some strange looks. But I ignored them. I think they were just a little jealous that I had come here being exactly who I was.

Then Adam and the rest of the band walked in. I think my heart just skipped a beat.

Adam was wearing tight, skinny black pants that were an imitation leather with sewn in straps all over the lower legs.

Loosely laced boots that were worn and scuffed made the top stand out even more- it being a simple lace-up long-sleeved shirt that had a wide neck opening, showing his collarbones. And his hair, with its' green tinge, was standing up all over. And naturally he wore slightly smudged eyeliner.

Everyone stopped playing and talking to see what he had to say.

"Hey, guys! Thanks for coming. Before we start, I would like to categorize you. Can I get all the people that only play the bass go stand with Brooke!" He pointed to a slim woman with curly hair.