For Your Entertainment

Written by Glitterbaby2016

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-Tommy's POV-

It was the night of the AMA awards, and we were going to make our big break. My first big break, as Tommy Joe Ratliff, the newest band member.

We had just finished cutting the album, and were going to be on national television for the first time as a band. Adam was nervous, pacing the floor as we sat around backstage in our dressing area, playing penny poker.

"Hey, you're CHEATING, Monte!" I jumped up and was hopping up and down in aggravation. "Just because you're a greedy dwarf, doesn't mean you have to take all my pennies!"

"Calm down, elf. I'm just working on my skills, you know, for the show later on.....I thought I did pretty good sliding that card out."

"Well, I saw it....you're not THAT good...." I mumbled under my breath.

"Stop wrangling, guys. You're making me crazy. Are you sure that the glamours we worked out are going to hold for the show?" Adam stopped pacing for a moment and looked at each one of us carefully.

"Check me first, Adam.", said Longineu. Adam visually searched Longineu, looking for the ears and long body that gave away his equine nature. Longineu had been above the longest, but lived in a community with other centaurs and didn't get out among humans much.

He still couldn't stand having clothing on his upper body when he was working his magic with his drums, and his dreads looked the same no matter which visage he wore. But I still wanted to know where he hid that horse's ass....

"How is it?" Longineu interrupted my irreverent thinking.

Adam, with his empathic sensitivity, apparently couldn't even find any sign of the supernatural about Longineu as he mumbled, "Yeah, yeah, you've got it, LP..."

"OK, Adam, me next." said Monte. "What do you see?"

"The goatee, Monte....it's still ugly," I snickered.

Monte glared and growled at me, "All right, fairy. I can still eat you for lunch. I didn't finish my steak, you know."

"I'm not scared, monster, I'll just give you heartburn", I returned, still giggling.

"All right, all right you two. Monte, I don't see anything that anyone would notice as 'otherworldly' '', snorted Adam.

"OK, then,", said Monte. "So why are you getting your freak on?"

"Tommy, can you turn down the light a little? Your ears are showing some,", Adam retorted, not showing any sign of calming down. "You know you have to get your emotions under control, or you'll blow it. You're going to have enough problems with all the lighting equipment and props."

Not to mention my emotions in this situation. I hadn't been among humans long. My queen selected me for this position because of my musical skills, but I hadn't had much practice at the practical side of joining the Iron World.

I was also a bit on edge because I was playing the keyboards tonight. I didn't usually do that, but the bass and strings I ordered without Death Metal in them hadn't arrived yet. "Don't worry, Adam! What in the world could happen on stage? At least Monte won't be ripping off my piggy bank!"

"So, go relax, Adam." Monte brushed all the pennies into his gnarly hand and pocketed them, and gave me an evil grin, showing his pointed teeth. "If anyone is not going to be able to keep it together tonight, it's going to be you with all this stress. It's time to start getting ready, anyway."