Yours Truly

Written by Glitterbaby2016

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-Adam's POV-

Ever since Tommy moved out, a few days ago, I have been going through the boxes of his things that were in the bottom of our closet. In the very back was this small box, which I have never seen before.

I gripped the small brown box and lifted it out of the closet. I walked towards the bed, sitting on the edge placing the box next to me.

Lifting the lid, I saw a bunch of pieces of paper. I lifted the paper on top of the stack, immediately recognizing his handwriting.

Dear my Tomorrow,

This is my first time writing these letters. I knew when I came to your auditions for a bass player, I knew that it was faith bringing us together.

Then on the Glam Nation Tour, all of those sad, lonely nights that I spent in my bunk, I was searching for some type of warmth that never came.

I spent those cold, lonely nights lying awake thinking of pouring my heart out to you. But honestly, I never built up enough courage to speak my mind.

So now I'm sitting here alone writing this letter, waiting for you to see the signs.

Until next time,

Signed, Yours Truly

I sat there, speechless. How could I have not seen the signs sooner? Thinking back now, I was oblivious to anything around me, the only thing I saw was the music, fortune and fame. I placed the paper on the bed, then picked up the next sheet.

Dear My Someday,

Well I've been sitting here, alone in the dark waiting for your light to come in and chase it away. But of course you were always blinded by the spotlight, the fame and fortune.

But no matter how upset I got that you never saw the signals of love, I'm still so proud of who you became.

You're in a world without chains now, so please for my sake, let your heart lead your brain and be the person you have always wanted to be.

But when I'm sitting here alone I can't help but to think and look back on the people that we used to be and how different we truly were.

You are an international superstar, everyone knows your name, every guy wants to be you. While everyone is adoring you, I will always be in your shadow, like background music that no one bothers to listen to.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I will never be in the spotlight next to you. I will always be here in the dark, stuck in this ghost town waiting to find you map to help me out.

Until next time,

Signed, Yours Truly

I felt tears gather in my eyes I scanned the letter again.

How could I not see this before? How unhappy he was? How he felt like a third wheel, like he doesn't belong?

My eyes looked back into the box, only to find one last letter. The paper was filled with ink marks and water stains. I guess this was the last letter he wrote, the one night that we fought.

...Dear My Never,

This is my half-hearted goodbye

The other half wants to still try