My Saving Grace

Written by Glitterbaby2016

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It was 11pm, pitch dark outside and pouring rain. Tommy was soaked, his clothes wet all the way through, and shivering, his teeth chattering as he paced back and fourth on the abandoned sidewalk. Adam was suppose to have picked him up over an hour ago but to Tommy's disappointment and dismay the black haired singer was no where to be seen.

 He tried calling Lisa but she hadn't answered and Longineu was out of the city visiting family, Monte was also with family and Tommy didn't want to disturb the guitarist who had been missing his wife and daughter even if it meant freezing his ass outside in the rain for a few more minutes (hopefully the amount of time it would take before Adam did show up).

He stilled some, holding his footing just barely as the cruel winter wind and rain battered his body, actually causing him to sway and take a step back to keep from falling. Tommy was worried, beyond worried, it wasn't like Adam to promise something as simple as picking him up at 9:45pm and then not showing up at all.

 Tommy feared Adam might have forgotten or was being held up by something, maybe an emergency. All he knew was that texting and calling Adam had been useless, the singers cellphone was turned off and every time he phoned he got: 'You've reached the voice mailbox of Adam Lambert, please leave a message after the tone.'

Each and every time Tommy felt the strange pull of dread weighing his shoulders and mind down when he called and it directed him to the mailbox, or maybe it was just the shitty weather that was making him feel so ragged and annoyed not to mention unhappy. It just had to be this time when he knew where nothing was and where he could possibly find a hotel to stay the night in that Adam had to go and not show up.

What crappy luck. Tommy sighed, a night of pacing back and fourth on the street soaking wet, waiting in vain for someone who obviously wasn't going to show up.

This wasn't how Tommy had wanted to spend his first free night off before they headed to British Columbia for the Richmond and Coquitlam concerts (in four days). Sighing he decided he wouldn't wait any longer, fingering his cellphone and crossing his arms, he started to walk down the narrow sidewalk, passing asian restaurants and alleyways even crossing paths with a few homeless men who begged him for any spare change. Tommy had shook his head answering he had none to spare before continuing on his aimless walking to god knows where. This side of the city was virtually unknown to him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It was nearly 12am when Tommy sensed something was terribly amiss, and it wasn't the fact that Adam hadn't picked him up, he felt as if someone was following him. Several times he looked over his shoulder nervously only to find that the sidewalk and street was empty, yet still as he walked on he felt as if someone were watching him and at one point he thought he had heard hurried footsteps running towards him. He turned quickly, only catching a brief glimpse of an ugly twisted face through the hard rain before a body smashed into his, pushing him roughly to the ground.

 Tommy gasped in shock, dropping his cellphone as he blindly fought whomever was attacking him. He smelt beer and marijuana as he thrashed on the wet ground with his attacker, then what felt like a scarf was pulled around his neck from behind and he choked, scrabbling against the wet cement of the sidewalk as his offender yanked him hard, pulling his trembling, tired body against him. What was done next made Tommy's blood run cold.