Nirvana

Written by Glitterbaby2016

Through the dark there's a way/ There's a love, there's a place/ Where we don't have to hide/ We can dream all night/ So follow me through the sky/ And watch the oceans collide/ Just keep holding my hand/ As we're taking off/ I know where we'll land/ We can escape to a higher plane/ In Nirvana stay/ Where the dreamers lay/ And I'll lay you down, lay you down/ Safe on a higher plane/ In Nirvana stay/ Where the dreamers lay/ I'll lay you down, lay you down

-Tommy's POV-

Tommy sat at the table with a piece of paper in his hand and a pen. He hadn't wrote to Adam in a few weeks. Since he had left the band and Adam went off on his Original High Tour, which ended a few days ago.

From what Monte texted him, Adam is still in love with him and that Adam was planning on doing something special when he got back to LA.

The blonde tapped the pen on the table.

This was it.

His hands were shaky, but he could write.

Dear Adam,

This has to be quick, because it's lights out soon. But just remember that I will always love you. The stars out here remind me of your eyes. I Wish I could spend the rest of my life with you and to be in your arms until the day I die. But, I have to go now. I swear someone else could make you happier than I ever could. I love you, Adam. More than anything.

Love, Tommy

<Meanwhile in an airport in LA>

-Adam's POV-

"Adam!" Ashely shouted, running towards him in tears. "It's Tommy!"

"Ash. What's wrong? You're scaring me. What is it?"

"He got shot... They say he's not going to make it."

Adam fell on his knees and started sobbing. "Not my Tommy..."

Adam clutched the engagement ring he was going to propose to Tommy with while he read the note that Ashely placed in his hand.

<A Few Hours Later At The Hospital>

-Adam's POV-

Tommy's hands are cold and Adam fears the worst as he stares at the lovely little bassist, the one person who owns the key to his heart and then some. He wonders what will happen now, his thoughts constantly being interrupted by monitors beeping and the faint sound of the hospital TV playing on low volume.

A nurse arrives, taking Tommy's free wrist in her hands as she checks his pulse, Adam waits hopefully for her verdict.

"It won't be long now." She says sadly and Adam feels tears start to form in his eyes as he grasps Tommy's hand all the more tighter, he is unwilling to let go of the blonde.

As he sits there, hunched over, his head bowed, salty tears falling onto the sheets of Tommy's bed he feels the slim fingers he is holding twitch, their grip becoming somewhat tight before the muscles go lax, its then that Adam hears the long drawn out beep that emits from one of the monitors, he sniffles, holding himself back as he tries to come to the terms with his feelings, he stays there for a few minutes even as the nurses rush in and quiet the heart monitor, he's still holding Tommy's hand, now lifeless and dead within his own.

He is unable to let go and the nurses have to pry him away from Tommy who looks as if he died peacefully in his sleep. Adam knows better, he knows how much Tommy suffered he knew how hard Tommy fought.

A cruel twist of fate, Adam thinks as male LPN nurses practically drag him out of the room. Monte, Ashely and Issac were waiting outside the room and when they saw Adams face they too felt the pain of his loss.

The band is now shattered, broken by sadness and destroyed by the knowledge that there are people out there, somewhere on the streets of L.A. that had attacked (and successfully killed) Tommy over a simple kiss that had aired over national television.

And Adam can't help but feel it is all his fault.