Things I Didn't Say

Written by

-Adam's POV-

I was lying in the bed in my hotel room, staring at the ceiling. I have been getting these strange feelings in the pit of my stomach whenever I kissed Tommy on stage in the beginning of Fever. I rolled my head over to my right side and I saw Tommy sleeping peacefully in the other bed.

His golden hair sticking up in all different directions and his mouth was slightly opened. My heart fluttered at the sight of his lovely face and I shook my head as I tried to push away the feelings that started to resurface.

Adam, get a hold of yourself. Tommy is your best friend and besides, he is straight.

I sat up and looked at the digital alarm clock on the nightstand and I saw that it was 2:30AM. I groaned and threw the blanket off of me. I threw my feet over the side of the bed and pushed myself up off of the bed.

Could I really have feelings for Tommy?

"No, you can't have feelings for him." I mumbled to myself as I rubbed the side of my face and I walked silently to the bathroom.

As I stopped in the doorway of the room, I reached my hand into the dark abyss and slid my hand along the wall before it connected with the light switch. The fluorescent light flickered on, slightly blinding me as I quickly shut the door; so the bright light didn't wake Tommy up.

I stood in front of the counter top and I looked at my face in the mirror. My face was clear of all makeup and I had bags forming under my eyes. Ugh, why does touring have to be so stressful?

My hand reached over and gripped the knob on the faucet. Turning on the water, I cupped my hands underneath the running water and I leaned over the counter. The water splashed onto my face and I jumped slightly at the coldness.

I turned off the water and grabbed a small towel from the rack. As I dabbed my face dry, there was one question that still haunted my mind.

What if I'm starting to have feelings for Tommy?

As that thought passed through my mind, the images of Tommy smiling and our kisses that were shared on stage cut through the surface.

I squeezed the towel that was in my hand and threw it across the room. My hands flew to my hair as I took fists full of my hair and I pulled at it.

"Why is this happening?!" I whispered as I tugged at my hair and I turned around, leaning my back up against the counter.

More images seemed to resurface and flash through my mind like a slideshow. My breathing turned into short gasps as tears slipped down my face.

"No this can't be happening." I mumbled as I slide down the counter and leaned my back up against the cabinet.

You can't like Tommy. You can't like Tommy.

I held my head in my hands as I took a deep breath. Slowly exhaling my body shook and the images started to fade. I took another deep breath and wiped my eyes with the palms of my hands. Then I decided to sit there for another minute before getting to my feet. I turned to look at my reflection in the mirror and I splashed some more water on my face.

After drying my hands and face again, I switched off the light and walked out of the room. As I walked into the dimly lit room, I tripped over my suitcase.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath as I caught myself on the dresser.

I heard movement from Tommy's side of the room and then the lamp switched on, "Adam? What are you doing?" Tommy asked, yawning as he rubbed his half opened eyes.

"Nothing I umm, I went to the bathroom and I kinda tripped." I stuttered as I kicked the suitcase away from me.

"Are you okay?" I smiled at the concern that laced his voice.

"Yeah I'm fine. Look we have a long day ahead of us, so go back to sleep." I said as I climbed back into bed.

"Okay, good night Adam." Tommy yawned and the light switched out.

After a few silent minutes, I sighed and rolled over so my back was to Tommy.

"Adam, are you awake?" I heard him ask in a small voice.

I just lied there, the images fought themselves to resurface as I squeezed my eyes shut; my breath changed to short gasps and I felt the tears threatening to emerge. Suddenly I felt the bed move from underneath me and I felt him rub my arm.

"Adam, are you okay?" He asked as he rubbed my back.

How could I tell him that I liked him? How would he react? What would happen to our friendship? Those questions whirled around in my mind.

"Adam." He murmured.

"I don't know if I'm okay." I finally answered after a few silent seconds.

"What's bothering you?"

I sighed, rolling over onto my back and I propped my back against the head board.

I hesitated and I could feel his stares in the darkness, "Have you ever loved someone and you are afraid that if you told that person, that he wouldn't love you back?"

"Adam what are saying?" I felt him scoot closer to me.

I sighed and shook my head, "I wish it was easier to say, but it's not."

I felt him move and the light switched on again, "Okay, enough with the strange questions and the riddles. What are you trying to say?"

I turned to look at him, "I think this is easier to just show you."

I slowly raised my hand to his face, I cupped his cheek and he looked down before looking into my eyes. Leaning in, I watched as he sat there, frozen in place. Then our lips met and his body tensed up for a second before relaxing as he leaned into me.

My hand left his face only to grab his blonde, messy hair and I tugged gently at it. I felt his hands rake through my messed up hair and his arms wrapped around my neck.

We pulled away, gasping for air and his brown eyes sparkled brightly as he smiled, "That was even better than the kiss we did on stage."

"I'm trying to say what I was too afraid to say before."

"Wait, what are you too afraid to say?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed together as he tried to think about what I was trying to say.

"Look, I thought that I said it in the things that I didn't say. I thought that you felt it in the games that I didn't play." He looked at me with more confusion in his eyes.

"What I'm trying to say is that..." I took a deep breath and I cupped his cheek with my hand again, "Tommy Joe Ratliff from the first time we met I knew you were the one for me. The kisses we had on stage, that made my feelings stronger..." I leaned my head against his forehead, "I love you, Tommy."

A few seconds passed by and suddenly Tommy's arms were around my neck and he slammed his lips against mine.

The kiss only lasted for ten seconds before he pulled away. Our eyes locked and I saw the love in his eyes, "I love you too, Adam."

I wrapped my arms around his waist and he snuggled into my side. He reached over and turned off the lamp. I rested my head on the pillow and I felt him nuzzle his face into my neck.

"I've been waiting for you to say those words and I'm glad that you were finally able to." He murmured.

I smiled down at him through the darkness and I kissed his head, "I'm glad that I finally said the things that I didn't say before."

I felt his body relax and his breathing labored as he fell asleep, "Good night, TJ." I whispered as I planted another kiss on his head.

I felt my eyes get heavy and sleep started to pull me under. I fell asleep holding my one and only, my pretty kitty, my Tommy.