Sure Fire Winners

I know that this was his For Your Entertainment AMAs Performance, but I thought that this song would also fit with this shot.

~Wolfy (Glitterbaby2016 )

Written by Glitterbaby2016

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 -Adam's POV-

 I was shaking with excitement as I stood at the left stage door, waiting for my cue to go onto the stage. I still couldn't believe that I am performing at the AMAs! After Idol, I thought that I would be just another artist in the dust, but that wasn't the case.

 "Okay, Lambert you're up." I heard one of the crew members say through my ear piece and with a smile, and my pulse beating in my ears, I walked out to the center of the stage.

 "Good luck man." I heard my band say and I flashed a wide smile at them and the first note sounded.

 We are the sure fire winners winners winners winners  The song started to progress and I strutted around the stage, interacting with the dancers and showing the world that Adam Lambert isn't just like the other "safe" performers and artists.

We are the sure fire winners. Uh-oh yeah big time hitters. We are the sure fire winners, Uh-oh yeah big time hitters. Bringing the heat and the word is out. Giving you something to shout about.  I made my way up to the platform where my band was located and I turned to the audience, looked into the cameras and gave them a wink and a smirk.

 Then I did something that myself, my band, the crew, the audience and more importantly; the whole world.

-Tommy's POV-

It took me by surprise, but I wasn't surprised Adam did it. One moment I had been playing the keyboard singing in tune with the lyrics to "Sure Fire WInners" and the next Adam had appeared beside my instrument. His hand was warm against the back of my neck for a moment before he pulled and I willing - but unknowingly - walked right into his awaiting lips.

I couldn't tell if the crowd liked it, hell, I could barely tell myself what had happened. But as soon as Adam had started it, it had ended and I was left standing there shocked with the lingering feel of Adam's lips pressing hard against mine. And then a second later I was back at the keyboard, resuming where I had left off, pretending it never happened for the rest of the performance.

Eventually as the song wound to an end I decided that I hadn't minded the kiss too much despite the fact that Adam had been rather ruthless with it and far too dominant for my own personal liking. As the lights dimmed and the host of the American Music Awards came back on commenting on the song and rather raunchy performance we were herded off the stage.

When we were cleared of the stage and off camera I noticed Adam glancing at me with a sceptical look. I didn't know what he expected from me, did he want me to run and jump into his arms? Or perhaps he predicted I would be furious with him, and either one could've been right but I felt no anger towards him. Instead I gave him a sweet smile and he smiled back.

Monte, our guitarist, gave me a smirking look and I turned away from him as he elbowed me in the arm. "So Tommy." I knew what was coming next. "Did you like it?"

I nearly choked on my own tongue but quickly shrugged, I saw Adam slowing down in front of us and I knew he would probably want to know as well. But still I didn't know what to say.

"It was," I struggled for the right word, "cool."

Bad choice obviously because Adam turned around and I saw the big grin he had on. Monte whistled and I scowled, I'm not gay, I mused, more trying to convince myself that I wasn't than actually knowing. I didn't know how Adam managed to miscalculate my reaction to Monte's question and whistling but one thing that I knew for sure that this was going to make tonight very awkward back at the hotel. Little did I know that Adam's firm lips pressing against my open mouth during the awards performance was only just the beginning.