Happy Adommy-versary

Written by Glitterbaby2016

>>>>>>>>>>

*Tommy's POV*

I was confused. It was just a normal day. It was after a show, and I was sitting in my hotel room. It had been a good show, Adam had really connected with the fans, he'd put on an amazing performance as usual and we'd shared a tender kiss during Fever.

We weren't together, we still called it fan-service, but it had grown to be like a mutually accepted fact between us that I did feel something more than friendship for him. At first I had insisted that I was still totally straight. I tried to just switch off when Adam kissed me on stage and just concentrate on playing the bass but the longer it went on, the stronger my feelings for him had become.

So I'd shown him through my body language and hints that I did like him. But I was far too scared of what it might mean to say it out loud properly.

This was how things were. We were both happy to keep it that way. The fans loved it and we liked to keep them guessing. It was almost like I was keeping myself guessing too. But now I was confused. Adam and I always liked to spend time together and just hang out and relax after a show, but after the encore today he'd just rushed off without even a glance in my direction.

It wasn't like me to be clingy or anything, but something about his presence just made me feel calm, and I always looked forward to the time we'd spend after a show together to just unwind and enjoy each other's company. Yet here I was, sitting alone in my bed, still in my stage outfit, wondering why Adam wasn't with me.

It wasn't like Adam to ignore and shun me like that - he was the caring one. He was the one who wasn't afraid to show his feelings. He was the one who always hugged me, told me I was his "Glitterbaby". I was always slightly scared to be open, I was slightly scared for the less-than-platonic feelings I had for Adam.

He'd always understood that, but I don't know. Maybe he'd finally decided he was tired of waiting for me to come out of the closet. Yeah, that'd be it. He'd probably gone off to hook up with some cute fanboy or something. Not that I blamed him, but I couldn't help feeling disappointed. Just disappointed in myself that I'd never had the guts to admit who I really was.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I kicked my creepers off and walked across to the mirror and just stood there for a second, observing my reflection. My blonde fringe fell in front of my face, my lips covered with half-faded black lipstick. My eye shadow was smudged over the eye that wasn't hidden by my hair and my expression was just plain. I looked like shit, no wonder Adam didn't want to hang out with me.

I didn't feel depressed, just slightly resentful and annoyed. The amount of sleep I'd lost with all the traveling had really been getting to me, and though I didn't let it show when I was around Adam, Monte or the rest of them, when I was alone I just generally felt like crap.

"Look at you, Tommy Joe Ratliff," I said to my reflection, "Get over yourself. Adam can do better than you anyway - you're not even confident of yourself. What are you even upset about? You're in a state just because you're not with Adam right now - what's wrong with you?! You must be crazy to think he'd ever waste his time with a guy that doesn't even know whether he's gay or straight."

I carried on berating myself until I had nothing left to say, and I just leaned my head against the wall and closed my eyes, wondering what I had become.

Suddenly I felt the familiar feel of Adam's hands take my waist from behind and I felt his lips press against my neck. I sighed and breathed in Adam's scent, immediately forgetting all my negative feelings towards myself.

"Don't you ever for one moment think that I could ever do better than you, Tommy," he breathed into my ear, "you hold attraction for me that no-one else ever has or ever will."

I closed my eyes, turned around and pressed my face to his chest. He ran his hand through my hair and wrapped his arms around me, kissing me on the top of my head before whispering, "Sorry I left you alone here Glitterbaby, but I had to rush off to check something very important before coming to spend time with you today."

"What was it that you had to check?" I asked.

"The date," he replied simply. "Do you realize that a year ago today it was the AMAs and I first kissed you?"

He started moving to kiss me but I interrupted him before he could.

"Adam. No more confusion for me, I want you. This past year has been insane. You... you make me feel and think things that no girl ever has, you-" he cut me off with a kiss that took my breath away.

"Happy anniversary Tommy."