Can We Dance?

Written By: Writer_Babe

•Adam POV•

As soon as we hit the door the smell of booze and sweaty bodies burned my nostrils. I didn't really want to be here. So why I allowed my basket headed friends to drag me here--I have no idea.

''Woo!'' Tyler screamed as he gripped my shoulders in his hands, pushing me deeper into Jacobs house, towards the kitchen. ''This bitch is lit!'' He yelled, moving to the alcohol to hopefully fix us some drinks and not down them all himself.

Jacob and Konner appeared beside me, each sandwiching me between the both of them. I sighed.

''What?'' I said in a frustrated tone. I could barely hear myself over the loud ass music. Some techno shit was playing.

''Adam lighten up. I mean seriously man, there's a million pieces of hot ass here that isn't going to jerk you around like Amber did. She was a joke man, look,'' Konner reached forward to take the drink Tyler was handing him before shoving it in my hand. ''Have a drink, go find you a babe and enjoy yourself.'' He said, before shoving me into the crowded music filled living room.

For some reason my friends think I'm depressed from my recent breakup. I'm really not. Amber and I were kind of forced together.

Head cheerleader and leading quarterback. We were just their fucking fairytale, but we were both so miserable.

I didn't really love her. I felt bad about it at first. But then she confessed to not loving me either. She loved the attention she got from standing next to me. And the appraisal her mom gave her when she started to plan the 'Mr. & Mrs. Lambert' wedding. All you could hear was talk of how much 'Amber and Adam' were goals.

I really hated that shit. 

I mean I didn't make a big deal out of her using me because in a way I was using her too. But she was going overboard. She was turning into a fake person and taking me with her. I was okay with pretending because at the time all I wanted to do was please my friends and all my friends wanted was for me to be ''banging'' the head cheerleader.

But this new road she was taking our lie down wasn't one that I liked. I've never asked anything of her. I didn't even ask her to stay with me after I told her I didn't love her.

Anyway, enough thought about that. So she 'cheated' on me at the last game of the season with the line backer of the opposing team. I really don't care. He recorded the whole thing and posted it on a website bashing our High School.

I shouldn't feel sorry for her but in a way I do. That's why I rammed his ass into the ground during the third quarter. 

But then again, it's not my problem.

''He's right ya' know,'' Jacob came up beside me as I ducked off from the dancing crowd and leaned against a wall. ''You should really forget about--''

''Jacob, I don't give a fuck about her. You guys are mentioning her more tonight than I have throughout our entire three years. Just chill dude. I'm alright.'' I said. I brought the cup up to my lips taking a long sip.

I can finally indulge in liquor again now that the season is over. God, how I've missed getting plastered. I kicked off the wall, diving into the crowd and away from Jacob.

I knew he meant well. I just don't want to listen to it anymore. I'm ready to feel the buzz. I'm ready to have fun.

I was walking past people, seeing the different colors reflecting off of their skin from the ceiling, when I noticed this blonde. For some reason he caught my eye. He looked how I felt. Like he really did not want to be here.