Just The Way It Is

Written by Writer_Babe

*Tommy P.O.V.*

   I watched as he climbed out of the bed and started to pull his clothes on. I hugged the sheets closer to my bare body. My bare body that his hands were on less than a minute ago. But that was over now. As of right now we were over...for now.

''Why does it have to be like this?" I asked him. He pulled his shirt over his head, concealing his perfectly tan body. Running a hand through his silk black hair he turned to face me.

''Don't start that again.'' He warned, grabbing his leather coat from the foot of the bed and sliding his arms through.

''I just don't understand.'' I argued.

''It's only sex Tommy. There is nothing more or less between us. We're friends when we aren't in bed but that's all we are.'' He said. Repeating the words he said every time I brought up this topic. I sighed clutching the sheet tighter in my hands.

''I don't like what we are.'' I admitted after a while, reaching over and grabbing my clothes from the floor. I put them on quickly and glanced over at him, seeing his eyes rake over me before he went back to putting his shoes on.

''Too bad,'' He said, walking over to me. He ran his fingers through my messy hair, moving a few strands from my face. ''That's just the way it is. That's just the way we are.'' He told me.

  I turned my face as he leaned in to kiss me. He sighed, kissing my cheek instead. ''I'll see you tonight, Tommy.'' He said leaving the room.

   When I saw him tonight, we'd be on stage. He'd be my boss and I'd be his employee.

  When I saw him tonight we'd be hanging out with the gang. I'd be his close friend, and he would be mine.

   When I saw him tonight we would be in bed. He'd be my every wish and I would be his dirty little secret.

But like he said, That's just the way it is.

I hate the way we are.

**

   Familiar notes strummed and a worn smile tugged at my face as my boss made his way over to me. Firmly gripping my chin like he always does and claiming my lips with his own.

  Hands glided across my body, distracting my hands from the memorized pattern as he groped me. I spaced out from him, our lips staying clasped. He wouldn't let it go though, groping me again as his tongue stole air I had no way of replacing.

   He was missing the song, and I was missing my notes. He pulled away eventually, once he got what he wanted. Once he got me almost fully hard, moaning into his mouth.

   He held my eye as he pulled away picking up on the song, sending me a smirk. I struggled to find the exact measure we were on as all I could hear was the crowds intense cheering which covered up the bands music.

   But that didn't matter. To them the show was all about the kissing. That was the only reason for coming, everything else was just a song.

**

''I hear you two are pretty close.'' A back up dancer asked me. It was rude of me not to know his name. He'd been here for at least a week now but my mind was always on someone else, I didn't have time to focus on other people.

''I know him well. I've known him for a while.'' I responded. The dancer continued to make small talk but I zoned out from the conversation as the topic walked into the room.

   His heavy show make up removed and replaced with a lighter touch, making him look even more beautiful. I was the first person his eyes landed on when he hit the room, and he didn't mind coming over to greet his recently new backup dancer; gently letting his hands brush across my shoulder as he walked away.

   I excused myself and walked out onto the balcony. All of the shinning lights contrasting with the dim stars were mesmerizing tonight.

   I felt a hand rest on my shoulder. I knew it was him. It was always him.

''Come play a song.'' He suggested. I shrugged his arm off.

''I just spent six hours playing songs.'' I told him.

''Don't be bitter.'' He said.

''Rest your voice,'' I advised. ''You'll need it later to tell me that it's 'just sex', and scold me for bringing up my opinions about it.'' I pushed past him and entered the room, going over to the fridge and popping open a beer.

  After I had finished it, I tossed it into the trash and went to pick up my acoustic guitar. I wasn't going to fight myself on it. There was never a time that I wouldn't give Adam what he wanted.

**

  I nearly tripped as his hands found my body before I could find my stability.

''It's locked.'' I said before he asked about the door. He tugged at my pants and I quickly rid myself of them. I enjoyed my view, watching him strip down right in front of me.

   He looked into my eyes, letting a hand wrap around my waist and pull me closer to him. I moved first. Leaning up and kissing his lips softly.

''Maybe...maybe if we lived just at night, we--''

''Tommy,'' Adam said, pulling me down onto the bed. ''Please don't make me repeat it.'' He kissed my lips, but I didn't feel a thing.

I didn't feel a thing that night.

  I didn't feel his hands as they touched me in places only he had ever explored on my body. I didn't feel a thing as he told me goodbye that night.

    But I felt it all as our actions repeated into tomorrow. Nothing would change, nothing could change, we wouldn't change.

It was just the way we were.