Say Something

Written By Writer_Babe
•|•|•|•|•|•

*Tommy P.O.V.*

I watched him. No-No, I admired him.

Every

Single

Thing

About him, I admired. Every single thing about him made my breath get stuck in my throat. I just couldn't with him. But in truth, I only could when I was with him.

But like this. When we're together like this...well we're not really together at all when we're like this. But this was our separate time even though we were still together.

We shared the stage. It was ours. Or at least that's what he made it feel like when he looked at me. When he looked at me the way he looked at me.

His eyes spoke the words that were caged in his mouth. His dark ocean eyes whispered every word I wanted to hear to me.

And his lips. Well his lips never released a sound. His stare did all the talking, yet not a sound could break free from that beautiful mouth of his. I wanted to hear the words though. He had the lead, I couldn't speak them. I don't know how much longer I can go without hearing the words.

~~~~~
*Adam P.O.V.*

He is beautiful. Those words left my lips easily. I told him every day. Every waking moment I was with him, I never failed to remind him of his beauty in my eyes. He's my...well he's...he's my everything.

He is my everything.

I glanced down at the little blonde that sat on the couch beside me, comfortably nestled beneath my arm. He's enchanting. I thought to myself as he looked up at me with cheerful honey brown eyes that had me smiling at him.

''Why are you smiling?'' He asked me, a smile forming on his lips as well.

''Because you're in my arms right now,'' I answered honestly, leaning down to connect my lips with his.

''Look at the cute couple!'' One of the backup dancers, Alaina I think, yelled out getting everyone's attention on us as I awkwardly cleared my throat.

I looked at Tommy who was blushing a million shades as he was mere inches from my lips, but quickly tucked his head into my chest as people started to stare at us.

''I mean you two are a couple right?'' She asked, coming to sit across from us. I didn't respond. What was I suppose to say? Did he want us to be a couple? We've never really talked about it.

But it would be inconsiderate of me to say yes without knowing his opinion. I looked down at him to find him looking up at me. I couldn't read his honey brown eyes, as much as I tried.

Uneasy silence settled around the room, seeing as though everyone's attention had landed on us as they all waited for an answer.

''Oh,'' Alaina said, ''I just thought that, you know with as much as you two kissed on stage that...well I'm sorry it's your business.'' She said before getting up and walking away.

The once quiet room started to fill with sound again. But for the rest of the night neither of us let a sound free from our lips.

~~~~

*Tommy P.O.V.*

We stopped walking once we were in front my hotel room door. After that...after Alaina's question at the party and soundless response that was given. After that...nothing. Nothing happened.

I turned to face him, leaning into his chest as I pressed myself against him, placing my hands on either of his shoulders. His automatically took their place around my waist.

We stood their for a while, his hands slowly rubbed up my back before they got a firm grip at my hips.

''Say something,'' I pleaded, staring into those deep ocean eyes of his. ''Please,'' I begged when he didn't utter a word.

''Adam I'll be or do whatever you want me to, just say something. Make me understand, tell me why, just say something!'' I yelled, tears falling free from my eyes.

Why couldn't he just say it!

It was three simple words. Three words that were tearing us apart. Three words that could fix everything in an instant. Fuck the title. Fuck the question. Fuck what happened.

Right now, at this moment, I only wanted the three words.

His hand came up slowly, caressing my cheek gently. ''Why are you letting me make you so...so vulnerable? Why are you letting me hurt you? Why am I letting myself hurt you?'' He asked quietly.

''Because, I'd do anything,'' I whispered closing my eyes as the tears started to sting. ''I'd do anything for you Adam. I'd let you do anything to me but I--'' Soft lips smothered mine. And for a moment I was lost in his lips. I pushed him back gently.

''Adam I can't, I'll do anything but I can't wait in your arms. I'll wait for you for forever, but being in your arms while waiting...it's torture.'' I admitted, leaning my cheek against his chest, listening to his uneven heart beat as I felt his grip tighten around me.

~~~~

''Before you go,'' Adam said, gripping my wrist when I went to pick up my guitar case, he trapped my hand in his, picking up my case for me and leading me over to the couch. ''I want to sing something for you.'' He said, getting my guitar out of the case.

''Adam, I can't. You're only going to make it harder on--''

''Please,'' He begged, cutting me off. ''I wrote it last night, it's for you. Please just listen, Tommy. I won't stop you from leaving after, but for now just stay and listen.'' I nodded my head and he began to strum soft notes. His voice came out like an intoxication, and I felt myself breathing it all in a once.

I'll be the one, if you want me to

Anywhere, I would follow you

~

And you were feeling so small

It was over your head

You knew nothing at all

~

And we will stumble and fall

We're still learning to love

Just starting to crawl

~

I'm sorry that I couldn't speak to you

Anywhere I would follow you

~

And I will swallow my pride

You're the one that I love

And I'm saying it now

~

Say something, I'm in love with you

Say something...

I stared at the ocean blue eyes when they gazed into mine. Tears were falling down his face.

''I love you. Tommy Ratliff, I love you with everything in me.'' He said, meeting me halfway as I sprung to my feet, letting his body embrace mine.

''I've always loved you Adam.'' I spoke. ''Always.''